A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback

Can i submit a guide entry if there is already something written about it?

Post 1

Flying Crumpet

I wanted to submit an article i have, but i know there is already an article on this subject. Can i submit my article and will it be considered for acception, or just automatically rejected?

from,
a user who hasn't found the my details buton yet

Post 2

Fez

As a newcomer to this website, OK about a month I suppose, one of the postings in the conversation about 'navigating forums now slower' suggests all entries will be read eventually but I'm sure I read elsewhere that if there is already an article on the same subject, it is better to reply to that article rather than start a new string/conversation or submit a new guide entry with similar title. This gets back to the difference between guide postings and forum postings. They all seem very similar but maybe only the guide postings will be considered for whatever massive "guide" this site will evolve to become, while forums will continue as conversations on the perimeter where the mix of ideas might spark a new guide entry/article.

I don't know if that helps. If you've got new slant or more info for a current entry I don't know how they get encorporated as one or whether the additions always remain as sub-headings etc. We all want credit for our hours of labour at the keyboard and it must always be dissapointing to find someone has beaten you to the guide when you think you could do better. Just GO FOR IT!

Post 3

The Cheese

Hi guys. I'm a sub, and we're told how to deal with this. If you write and submit something that adds to an existing Entry, we sub that part and tell the eds to add it to the Entry. Does this help you guys?

smiley - smiley

Post 4

Flying Crumpet

Yes it does! thank you!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more