This is the Message Centre for Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

GRRRR!

Post 1

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Packet of crisps, well-known brand name...

'Made with *real* ingredients' printed across the packet!

I mean, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think I am... Surely them existing means they are made of real stuff? Hardly made of non-existent ingredients are they?

IT MEANS NOTHING! I mean, it appears to say a lot. Unless you have an inkling of sense.

It just irritates me, to be talked down to like that by corporations.

GRRRR!

Post 2

The Groob

Agreed. Advertising is so full of BS. They must think we're stupid. Maybe we are smiley - erm

GRRRR!

Post 3

I think enough of us must be.

smiley - crysmiley - headhurts

It's just so casual as well, it's where they used to put the 'no added sugar' type announcements, small type, almost a sub-title after the flavour information. Just to tempt you into buying *them* instead of the packet next to them...

Gah, I'm going to dig myself a hole and stay there I think smiley - winkeye

GRRRR!

Post 4

toybox

I believe there used to be French yoghurts with fruits advertising that they contained 'des vrais morceaux de fruits entiers': in other words, with real pieces of whole fruits, or with real whole pieces of fruit (depending how you interpret it).

Real ingredients, natural ingredients... Well, death cap is perfectly natural (as is crude oil, really), but I wouldn't want any in my mushroom juice.

GRRRR!

Post 5

The Groob

Another crafty one was where they advertised a product as being "lite" (or "light", can't remember which). It actually turned out that the product contained no less ingredients than the previous product but was in fact just *lighter* in colour.

GRRRR!

Post 6

smiley - laugh

In a way, I dont mind them as much, it's the 'contains actual crisps' style of advertising the bleeding obvious and making it sound like it makes it better that really got my goat!

GRRRR!

Post 7

Malabarista - now with added pony

I love the "Ohne Zusatz von Kristallzucker" - "no addes sugar crystals" - on children's yoghurts. No, they add liquid glucose, which is cheaper and unhealthier...

GRRRR!

Post 8

smiley - rofl

Nice!

COncentrated apple juice tastes much nicer though!

(though not as good as Maple Syrup smiley - drool)

GRRRR!

Post 9

*added, of course.

I also love the organic farms all along the Autobahn...

("Organic" is a stupid word for it anyway, but then, so are the German equivalents, "öko" or "bio", short for "ökologisch" and "biologisch", ecological or biological...)

GRRRR!

Post 10

Ooh, nice! No pesticides but plenty of pollutants smiley - laugh

GRRRR!

Post 11

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Free range, natural, organic, free-trade, 100% natural, totally fresh, organic, kebab. smiley - droolsmiley - winkeye
smiley - headhurts

The one's that really get me now is when I'm at my FAthers and where there is a tV, all the adds for so-called healthy products, and also for things like shampoo with just utterly invented psudo-science being dropped all over the place.... Its almsot like we could do with some kind of advertising.... oh we've already got an advertising watchdog thinggy.. smiley - headhurts : I saw a great one at Christmas for a product aimed at babies, so advertising it at teh mothers; I think* it was some kins of powdered milk/baby food; As part of the advert it mentioned it had soemthign in it, which 'aided' the bodies immune system, and it mentioned the name of this 'thing.
I've a masters degree in Immunology, the 'thing' they mentioned does not exist. smiley - headhurts Just utterly invented nonsense smiley - wah

GRRRR!

Post 12

The Groob

I've often thought that a lot of claims made in adverts could also actually be made about water. "Improves your body's functioning", "helps your digestive functions" etc.

GRRRR!

Post 13

smiley - ok For sure.

Maybe, like the atheist adverts on the buses, someone should get together enough cash to advertise 'For mild stress headaches - rest and rehydration. Gets right to the heart of the problem. Or your money back!'

GRRRR!

Post 14

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

I forget the brand name and precise phrases but a friend was offered some kind of "vitamin health water" that was meant to "revitalise" or some such tosh... It contained 25% of your RDA for sugars.

GRRRR!

Post 15

smiley - rofl

Gotta love it!

I do love how people drink shed loads of Cranberry juice to 'detox'... Apart from the whole detox things being more or less entirely invented, it's crammed full of sugar to make it palatable! smiley - laugh I mean, if you have cystitis then sure, it'll help, but really, it's not as healthy as people like to think.

But then nor is porridge made the way I like it smiley - smiley

GRRRR!

Post 16

The bottles of water being advertised as "zero calorie foods" make me a bit suspicious, too...

GRRRR!

Post 17

smiley - rofl I haven't seen those!

GRRRR!

Post 18

It's only the especially expensive water, of course...

Mind, last summer, the supermarket was selling aerosol spray cans with *only* distilled water in them - 5€ for 150 ml - to "refresh your face" (and increase the hole in the ozone layer while we're at it...)

GRRRR!

Post 19

Oh yeah 'magicool' I think the main brand is here... £6 or £7 for a can...

Why people cant put some ice water in a clean plant sprayer I do not know...

GRRRR!

Post 20

toybox

I have also seen 'eau allégée' ('light water') somewhere, but after making fun of it wit ha friend he revealed that it existed mostly for flavoured water. Apparently, the non-light version is quite a lot less light than one would expect from water.

Key: Complain about this post