A Conversation for Items to Take with You when Visiting Friends Abroad

UK niggles

Post 1

Talith (who got bored of being Caroo and thought new h2g2, new name)

Why no mention of Stilton under the cheese list? A friend of mine swears by it. It's a guaranteed bird magnet abroad (apparently). He's pulled more women with a wedge of Sainsbury's best than anything else.

Someone should have mentioned that Twiglets are marmite covered twigs too.

And why PG Tips? It's the sweepings off the tea house floor. Yack! Bitter! What you want is Twinings English Breakfast - a tea of strength and character. But not as nice as Barry's Gold Label, but that's Irish smiley - smiley

--
Caroo

UK niggles

Post 2

Rasputin

Twinings Tea????

What about the good old YORKSHIRE tea bag? might taste like c##p, but it'll line your stomach!

UK niggles

Post 3

Yorkshire's not bad (at least they make tea for hard water areas) but I kind of prefer tea that tastes nice. Controversial, I know, but that's the kind of gal I am smiley - winkeye

--
Caroo

UK niggles

Post 4

Daniel Q Frampton III

Blu Tac is available in the USA as Tac 'n Stick.

LemSip shares a Tv advert in both content and style with TheraFlu.

Cadbury's Creme Eggs are slowly becoming available ... in all their varieties

UK niggles

Post 5

GreyDesk

I would have thought that Cadbury's Creme Eggs becoming available would be the perfect reason for leaving a country to find a new place untroubled by those slimy sweet globes.
They even make the b*ggers in a mini bite-size variety now.

UK niggles

Post 6

Creme eggs really are quite disgusting. Mini Eggs, however, are another matter :-d

UK niggles

Post 7

GreyDesk

Oh yes, I can live with Mini Eggs. Nice choccy with a multicoloured speckly crispy shell.

My point was that Creme Eggs now come in Mini size. Same silly silver wrapping (that never quite covers the chocolate), same pale coloured chocolate shell and same slimy gunk inside it all.

UK niggles

Post 8

And there was me thinking I was adding support to the anti-creme-egg (whatever size they come in) campaign smiley - winkeye

--
Caroo

UK niggles

Post 9

KateBygrave

I've often wondered where all the tea plantations are in Yorkshire?

Key: Complain about this post