A Conversation for Cluedo

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 1

Eusebio - squad number 11

No guide could be complete without an explanation on this classic boardgame!

www.h2g2.comA484229

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 2

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

clickable: http://www.h2g2.com/A484229

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 3

MDS

This seems a little brief. A bit more detail about how the game is played might be in order. A bit of history too. Who invented the game ? How long has it been around ? You might make reference to the stage play and the film that was made. I think there are even Cluedo weekends people sometimes go to...

A promising start, though. smiley - smiley

MDS

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 4

Thanks for your comments MDS ... further research is underway!!
Does anybody remember who played the characters on the TV show? For some reason I think Joanna Lumley played either Miss Scarlett or Mrs Peacock ... or was that just a strange dream smiley - winkeye

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 5

Boys and Cake Girl

I think the programme was presented by House-wives'-favourite Richard Madley. Also have the distinct impression that Tony Slattery was involved but that may be just cos it was around when he was inescapable. smiley - smiley (Am I making this up? Why do I remember this rubbish?)

Clue the film starred Tim Curry as a butler type figure and had two endings. Would have to watch it again to recall anymore. Will probably be on over christmas, as it usually is.

Think you should point out that Proffessor Plum always has a see-through skirt when you buy the game. Sure it's vitally important. smiley - winkeye

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 6

Boys and Cake Girl

Phew! Don't remember as much as I thought! smiley - smiley

[URL Removed by moderator]

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 7

Still researching, so the info hasn't updated, but I've been experimenting with GuideML ... smiley - wow

Bear with me ...smiley - winkeye

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 8

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

Doesn't the person who mistakenly announces the wrong combination of person/weapon/room lose?

And you might like to mention somewhere that the game was played in 'Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey' between Bill and Ted and Death. Just a bit of trivia that might be fun to have there smiley - smiley.

I love that game, great topic! smiley - ok

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 9

Doesn't the person who mistakenly announces the wrong combination of person/weapon/room lose?

And you might like to mention somewhere that the game was played in 'Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey' between Bill and Ted and Death. Just a bit of trivia that might be fun to have there smiley - smiley.

I love that game, great topic! smiley - ok

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 10

Darn those double posts smiley - blush

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 11

celestial duck-child

I agree...it's promising.

Something you could mention just as a side note or something, is that it's best played with 3 or more poeple. Any less and the games tend to be quite short smiley - smiley

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 12

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hey, Mickey!

Still planning on working on this one some? I think the guide definitely needs an entry on "Clue" (as an American, I don't even know how to pronounce Cluedo....), but it could use some more development. Plus, all the fancy colors would probably need to go, as they don't fall into the category of "GuideML approved for use in Edited Entries".

If you're not interested in carrying this further, or if you think it will take awhile, please let us know -- then we can move this thread off of Peer Review.

smiley - smiley
Mikey

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 13

Hi!
Thanks for your kind words ... I am working on this, and didn't realise that colours were out!
I'll change it over the weekend and add some more info too.
Cheers

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 14

Martin Harper

Umm - this guide entry appears to have been deleted... what happened? smiley - yikes

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 15

Oh, I gave up on it in the end ... I had a few other projects to work on instead! sorry!

A484229 - Cluedo

Post 16

Martin Harper

That's cool - I'll try and get this removed from PR then smiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 17

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Cluedo'.

Back to Entry - article deleted. There is an edited entry on the subject: A817913 Cluedo - the Game

Key: Complain about this post