A Conversation for RaW Radio Warwick, 1251am

Flea Market: A483554 RaW 1251

Post 1

Kidsturk

www.h2g2.com/A483554

RaW 1251 is the Uk's official no.1 student radio station.
Here's a quick rundown of the place from the station's very own Head of Production....
Cheers!

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 2

Global Village Idiot

Hi Kidsturk,

This is the start of a really good entry.
Before this gets sent of to a Sub-Editor for them to turn into an Edited entry, think of it as sending a leaflet to the printer's, with changes later being difficult: have you told us everything you could about this station... okay, then, even everything we'd find interesting?

What are your most popular shows?
Who's your star DJ?
What hours (and what weeks) do you broadcast?
Can you tell us more about the kinds of music and when you broadcast them?
What kind of jobs are up for grabs? Apart from presenting, what technical roles are there? Do you have a news/current affairs show, and are you looking for journalists for that?
Does the university have a particularly big Chinese or Greek population? Does that link in to a particular course? Do other programs link into particular courses?

This should stand as a Guide entry on its own, not just a pointer to your own website. That's only fair, you still get a free ad smiley - winkeye

Best of luck,

GVI

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 3

Kidsturk

Cheers AVI...the entry was short 'cos I really didn't have much time that day.
I've padded it out with the details you asked for, and I'm sorry if it came across as me shooting for a free ad...it IS non-profit making!
Thanks,
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This entry has been moved to the Writing Workshop. You can find out why by reading the page http://www.h2g2.com/Writing-Workshop

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 5

Kidsturk

Fair enough, I need to follow the writing guidelines, but which ones?
This, " Hi, we think you need some help with this so we've moved it, but we're not going to tell you why." thing isn't positive at all!
You've got me thinking that I've broken some rules or something.

Sorry about the above rant, but I really want to write good stuff for The Guide, and this, at the moment, isn't constructive.
In all friendliness,
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 6

Global Village Idiot

Hi Kidsturk,

It was probably moved because I classified it as "needing more work", reporting on the original version. It's much fuller now - the only remaining thing is to remove or reword the "we" sections; after all, this is supposed to be what The Guide is saying about RaW, and at the moment it looks a bit partial, don't you think smiley - winkeye

Thanks for taking the comments on board: I think it is a much better entry for the changes. Once that first person thing is sorted out, it could well be time to re-post to the Peer Review.

Cheers,
GVI

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 7

Martin Harper

Hi kidsturk - apologies for the rather impersonal move - we're still working out the bugs in this new system of moving entries to peer review, and you're one of the people who've suffered. We're trying our best to get better - but you have to understand that this is all new for us too!

Keep churning out the excellent work - don't let this technical hitch get you down.

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 8

Kidsturk

Thank you GVI and Lucinda!
Not to worry. I was a bit curt in my objection, and I apologise.
I'm really enjoying learning my way around the guide, and writing, too.
I'll make the changes today.
Thanks again,
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 9

Kidsturk

Okay then guys.
I've taken out the first person bits, changed it to GuideML, and whacked in some links to associated sites.
What do you reckon to it now?
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 10

Martin Harper

http://www.h2g2.com/A483554

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 11

Kidsturk

Cheers Lucinda...I forgot about that!
D'uh.
Kidsturk

P.S: Any feedback?

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 12

Martin Harper

try "RaW Radio Warwick" as a title - RaW sounds like WWF or something...

"There's a cracking website which you can have a smooch round if you like:" bah, humbug. Just say - "It also has an _official_website_". This isn't the Daily Star... smiley - winkeye

Aside from that, seems reasonable. Still enthusiastic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

If GVI agrees, submit to Peer Review again smiley - smiley

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 13

Kidsturk

I've changed the title.
I've altered the website link lead-in.
I've also toned down the enthusiasm a lttle in the final paragraph.
I'll sit back and wait for GVI to make any more changes, 'cos I'm pretty happy with it now.
Thanks Lucinda,
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 14

Kidsturk

I've changed the title.
I'll sit back and wait for GVI to make any more changes, 'cos I'm pretty happy with it now.
Thanks Lucinda,
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 15

Kidsturk

I've changed the title.
Thanks Lucinda,
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 16

Kidsturk

I've changed the title.
Thanks Lucinda,
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 17

Kidsturk

Thanks.
Have made changes.
I'll sit back and wait for GVIs suggestions before making any more, because I'm quite happy with it now.
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 18

Kidsturk

Thanks.
Have made changes.
I'll sit back and wait for GVIs suggestions before making any more, because I'm quite happy with it now.
Kidsturk

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 19

Global Village Idiot

That's a nasty stutter you have there, Kidsturk! smiley - smiley

Anyway, to me it looks like it could go back in the mixer (with the title change suggested by 'cinda). There's a lot of other good stuff in there, so you should be warned that it may not get picked out soon - but if you're patient, there will eventually be movement, I'm sure.

GVI
smiley - smiley
PS by "patient", I mean don't re-post too often to drag it to the top - but if it gets to, say, 2-3 weeks, give it bounce. I think we need an etiquette guideline on this in the main text.

A483554 RaW 1251

Post 20

Kidsturk

Thanks a lot.
DOn't know what happened with the over-posting, I was having problems being timed out, so I kept going until I got a message posted page...
Ooops.
Thanks a lot for your help, GVI, and Lucinda too.
Kidsturk

Key: Complain about this post