A Conversation for Delete this entry

A479504 - Metallica

Post 21

GTBacchus

This seems like a good definitive entry, especially if you incorporate the suggestions from this thread. Of course that's coming from someone who doesn't know anything about Metallica... I noticed one little copy error which the editor would probably catch anyway:

"Cliff 'Em All - A video tribute to Cliff Burton, containing fans bootlegged live footage of the early band." - "Fans" is possessive and should have an apostrophe after it.

Otherwise, great! smiley - smiley

A479504 - Metallica

Post 22

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

IMHO - It's a bit factual and doesn't really tell the reader that much, how about putting some flesh on the bones - the napsta thing would be interesting, and how about a bit on their live performances - I saw them at Earls court a few years ago and thought they were awesome, even tho i wouldn't consider myself a fan of HM (or music!)

*rambling in the small hours due to a bout of flu*

Zarniroop (Ex-President of the universe)

A479504 - Metallica

Post 23

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I agree that this article needs to tell a better story of the band that has had more impact on music than any since them (like them or hate them, they are the current generation's Black Sabbath) . Discuss the phase where they were known as 'Alcoholica' due to their partying excesses. Explain how they alienated their hard-core fans when the black album came out, reflecting a change in style and their first major label release. Discuss Lars' role in the Napster controversy.

Jason Newsted really is out of the band. According to the Playboy interview, Jason was trying to work on side projects, and James wouldn't let him.

Also, someone asked why they tune down their guitars. I wasn't aware of that, but Kirk is quoted in the article as saying that most of Metallica's songs are in E-minor. Tuning the guitars down would make them easier to play, I think.

A479504 - Metallica

Post 24

That is a serios amount of homework Colonel!
..if a jobs worth doing...

Removed

Post 25

U135579

This post has been removed.

A479504 - Metallica

Post 26

Hey Boy,

Be careful there's moderators out there, and they don't like song lyrics!
Viva l'Revolution

Removed

Post 27

U135579

A479504 - Metallica

Post 28

Spoo Monkey

Concerning the "Black" album, some mention should be made as to where they got the idea in the first place. It's a slightly modified idea ripped-off from the fictional band Spinal Tap. You can see the original album, which is really just them poking fun at The Beatles' "White" album, in the mocumentary This Is Spinal Tap. In the VH-1 Behind the Music: Metallica special, they actually admit this when confronted by the Spinal Tap members (they were in-character -- it was just for laughs, they weren't really upset).

Man, Lars pisses me off. It's funny that someone who readily admits to ripping off ideas left & right can be such a twonk when it comes to Napster. What a choad.

Removed

Post 29

U135579

Conversation Moved

Post 30

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the new 'Flea Market' Forum.

This is where we move any Peer Review, Writing Workshop or Alternative Writing Workshop Conversations where the original author has *not* posted to h2g2 for three months. This prevents the active Review Forums from clogging up with dormant entries, but in the Flea Market they can be picked up by others and polished off.

Conversation Moved

Post 31

broelan

Flea Market Clean Out:

I think this should stay here. There isn't an entry on the band yet (how can that be?!), but 10 years on this will definitely need some updating and filling out.

Conversation Moved

Post 32

h2g2 Guide Editors

Another recommendation from broelan smiley - biggrin

A479504 - Metallica

Post 33

Bluebottle

I'd like to propose Back to Entry as the whole entry seems to have been deleted.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post