A Conversation for Southeast US Researchers' Group

Meets in the Southeast

Post 1

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

Come on over y'all! Where and when should we get together?

Kathy

Meets in the Southeast

Post 2

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

What do people do at these meets. In know when one could be held, where members may already be gathered, but I'm not sure what we'd do once we were there.

Meets in the Southeast

Post 3

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

depends . . . in london they go pub hopping, but there are different things. there's a scandinavian meet going on soon and a meet in denver. it's just a chance to put names to faces--for instance, lil lives in florida and i'm getting to know her quite well from the atelier. i wish we could get some people IN this club, though.

k

Meets in the Southeast

Post 4

We're going to have DragonCon up here next September. I could probably get a slot in the British Sci-Fi Track for a meet. I expect there would be several members there for the con. I just don't know what would be done.

Meets in the Southeast

Post 5

Spoo Monkey

Ooo! DragonCon!
I haven't been to that convention in years! That sounds like it would be a pretty good place for a meet, what with all the exposure it would generate for the group, not to mention H2G2. But September is *so* far away.
Hmm...

Meets in the Southeast

Post 6

If there was interest I'd contact the track organizers, and I'd want to do that as early as possible. I suspect they'd be amiable. I'm still fuzzy on what could be done at the meeting.

I go every year, and work for the Daily Dragon. Coordinating for the event wouldn't be a problem. Of course, everything I touch tends to go a little screwy.

Meets in the Southeast

Post 7

I don't know what a Dragon Con is.

C smiley - chick

Meets in the Southeast

Post 8

It's a big science fiction / fantasy / animie / rpg / comic / ccg / wargaming / light D/s convention that is held in Atlanta every year. It takes up a couple of the hotels and some other convention space downtown. Next year it'll be labor day weekend.

It's a lot of fun. Their website is at [url removed by moderator]

Meets in the Southeast

Post 9

Spoo Monkey

Well, I'm all for it. smiley - smiley It would be *really* fun, I think. Wow, I haven't been to a comic book convention in so long...
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm getting excited about the idea.

But, in the meantime, what else can we do?

Meets in the Southeast

Post 10

msmonsy

a southern meet sounds very interesting smiley - smiley i live in Alabama (gardendale to be exact). my husband (fairly strange/NM) were talking about how great it would be to find some researchers close to us for a meet. if all goes well we should have some researchers from holland and a few areas across the US here in march but plans are not solid yet. i will keep this forum on my homepage so that i can keep tabs on anything you come up with smiley - smiley
Monsy

Meets in the Southeast

Post 11

FairlyStrange

Hey, ever'body!!!

They bee's Southerners heah!!!YEEHAW!! smiley - winkeyeLOL

A meet sounds like a winner. Monsy and I had about decided we were the only ones in h2g2!

Can't think of anything to do, activitywise(hush, Monsy......we ain't got pubs, and I know....that would be my FIRST choice!smiley - winkeye)

...but whatever it is, count us in. We'll be there if it's at all possible!!!

NM

Meets in the Southeast

Post 12

I hold an annual open house on christmas day from about 7:00 am through midnight. I live just south of Atlanta. If you're interested, you can e-mail me from my personal space.

We listen to old radio shows, watch movies, do puzzles, talk, play with christmas presents, eat, and then nap.

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Elf

Meets in the Southeast

Post 13

FairlyStrange

Hey, Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron, you must be down close to Baron Shatterday. He's a feller who use to be a bit more active in h2g2....comes back in from time to time.

He's from Griffen, GA. Been by to visit with him a time or two! Thats' only 'bout a 2 hour ride from here.

Sorry, we can't stop by Christmas...got "prisoner exchange" goin' that day. We'll be lucky to see home for very long!smiley - winkeye Sounds fun, though!smiley - smiley

NM

Meets in the Southeast

Post 14

Spoo Monkey

so, any ideas for a meet this summer?

Meets in the Southeast

Post 15

Spoo Monkey

actually, an idea just came to mind...

Who's up for a Braves game? Some time in July, maybe? I know I'll be in GA for most of the month, & I haven't been to a game in a while (since last season smiley - smiley), so it works for me.

Any other ideas?

Meets in the Southeast

Post 16

I'm not much of a Braves fan. Never followed football much. Or any other team sport for that matter.

Besides, I've heard that it's outrageously expensive since they've been in the new stadium.

Meets in the Southeast

Post 17

Spoo Monkey

"I'm not much of a Braves fan. Never followed football much"
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Actually, they've got two sections of seats that are $3 each. It's small, and it's in the nosebleeds, but still...

Okay, so what else is out there?

Meets in the Southeast

Post 18

FairlyStrange

Possibly the Scottish Games at Stone Mountain?

I don't know the date for this year, but it might work......just a thought.

NM

Meets in the Southeast

Post 19

Spoo Monkey

oooo!

Good idea! I've never been to the Scottish games!

Meets in the Southeast

Post 20

msmonsy

*quietly wanders in so as not to cause too much notice to herself*
the scottish games or highland games whichever you prefer to call them are being held at stone mountain on october 20th and 21st 2001 this year. it really is quite an interesting event.
*wanders back out as quietly as she entered*
and they thought i wasn't paying any attention to them smiley - winkeye
Monsy

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more