A Conversation for A Chronology of Garlic

Putting garlic in at the end and a recipe for garlic lovers

Post 1

Dogster

You put garlic in the end? I find that if you do that it has quite an unpleasant bitter flavour, whereas if you cook it for a bit it becomes quite sweet. I tend to fry it gently in olive oil right at the beginning.

Also, garlic lovers everywhere should try this recipe (recipe might be too strong a word) - finely slice some garlic (as much as you or those around you can stand), cook some spaghetti, heat some olive oil (quite a lot of it) in a pan just until it is warm, throw the garlic in and leave for a minute or so (it's not supposed to cook, just to infuse the olive oil with it's flavour), then pour the oil and garlic over the drained, cooked spaghetti. If you don't want to crunch on pieces of pretty much raw garlic, pour the oil onto the spaghetti through a sieve (this is what I do). It's delicious and very cheap. I'm not sure why people don't like garlic breath, but I respect their opinion on this which means I very rarely get to eat this delicacy! smiley - smiley

Post 2

annie the great

That sounds good. Add some chopped chilli or chilli flakes at the same time you add the chilli.

Post 3

annie the great

That sounds good. Add some chopped chilli or chilli flakes at the same time you add the chilli, if you like chilli, that is!

Post 4

Ilifae

My family loves garlic. smiley - biggrin We put garlic in mostly at the beginning, but we continuously add garlic throughout cooking. One example is garlic toast made by my uncle, he covers the bread in garlic, you have to scrape some off or you (and others) will be knocked unconscious by your breath. smiley - winkeye

ilf smiley - elf

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more