A Conversation for Michael Moorcock - Author - and his Multiverse (edited version)

Alternative Writing Workshop: A16676517 - Michael Moorcock - Author - and his Multiverse (edited version)

Post 1

AgProv2

Entry: Michael Moorcock - Author - and his Multiverse (edited version) - A16676517
Author: AgProv - U538194

Michael Moorcock must have written over a hundred novels, all of which are in soem way interlinked and which follow a consistent and original scheme along the "parellel worlds" model postulated by some physicists. He has inspired and performed with rock bands, and the strikingly original cosmology he created was adopted without alteration as the moral basis for the "Dungeons and Dragons" role playing system.

I hope I have done him justice without making the entry either over-simple or over-long.

It is based on original notes and structure by Ekaterina; the rest is mine based on a moderately comprehensive private library of Moorcock novels.

Please signal any additions, corrections, further ideas, wet c here, and help to expand this entry furtheer, within reason.

Thank you

AP

A16676517 - Michael Moorcock - Author - and his Multiverse (edited version)

Post 2

Ekaterin

To AgProv - as I am participating in a Nethack tournament this month, virtually all my Internet time will be spent on Nethack, so I won't be able to get on h2g2 very much. Apologies for not telling you before. Since you seem to know a lot more about Moorcock than I do, my absence shouldn't cause any problems.

I'll just make a couple of quick observations. One is that it would be nice if the entry were more broken up into paragraphs - I think you use at the beginning of a paragraph and at the end. The other is that AD&D has nine alignments, since you can be neutral between Good and Evil as well as between Law and Chaos.
Ekaterin.

Post 3

U168592

Hey Ag, ever thought of getting this into the Edited guide? You might try putting it into the EGWW, or even the Flea Market where somebody else may take up the baton as it were...

Post 4

Bluebottle

I think this should go to the FM.

<BB<

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

I agree smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Alternative Writing Workshop: A16676517 - Michael Moorcock - Author - and his Multiverse (edited version)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more