A Conversation for ParanoiaPost

con grats

Post 1

stevezero

Firstly con grats on issue 1 of Paranoia Post. shush...listen, whats that...did you hear that noise?smiley - bigeyes

it seems to have stopped now.smiley - smiley

anyway Re:mostly harmless
the impression i got was that the late Mr Adams was sick and tired of the whole thing by then and just wanted to end the story with no chance of more sequals.
it seems to me that after the first three he thought he had finished but due to popular demand he wrote a fourth to say well OK i'm very flattered but this really is it(so long and thanks for all the fish)
but a demanding public still would not let go.
so in mostly harmless he finished off by destroying the earth in all possible probibilities.

by the way,i am officially paranoid,my doctor told me.smiley - sadface

well he didn't actually tell me but i knew he was thinking it.smiley - winkeye

con grats

Post 2

Peregrin

Thanks. What noise? It might be the Chinese tunnelling underneath us, I've suspected them for years.

I've heard that about Mostly Harmless before. But isn't it possible, even likely, that his demanding public drove him to suicide? And his publishers didn't want such a stain on a popular comedy book, and so hired someone to impersonate him and produce another book? I think that when they saw the result they realised that it wouldn't work very well, and so altered the end so that there would be no possibility of any more books, and published it anyway to scrounge more money.

Or maybe not. smiley - winkeye

con grats

Post 3

Bluebottle

Douglas Adams is dead - and I have proof. All you have to do is look at the front covers of all the editions of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and read "Mostly Harmless" backwards, and you will know for sure.

<BB<

con grats

Post 4

Peregrin

or play the tapes of the radio version backwards. Memorize the whole thing and you will come up with an obvious message. Not only does it tell you that DNA is dead, but tells you who the *real* US president is.

con grats

Post 5

spoon

n o w everything makes sense! who had thought that Dozaf Skorblebeeb, superficially renowned and ordinary member of our society, is in reality such an important and powerful being? smiley - bigeyes

con grats

Post 6

amdsweb

You seemed to get the gist of it a little *too* quickly, spoon. You're in on it, aren't you? You're part of the conspiracy. Jazz lyricist huh? It's a cover.

con grats

Post 7

Peregrin

*scans both spoon and DWM with a metal detector*

Is that a gun under your jacket, doctor?

con grats

Post 8

amdsweb

No, I'm just pleased to see you.

con grats

Post 9

Peregrin

*acknowledges the correct counter-password and admits DWM into the cult*

I hear that George Bush has died.

con grats

Post 10

amdsweb

Is that George 'Dubya' Bush, or George '' Bush?

con grats

Post 11

Abi

Is this the place to discuss the Chris Tarrant / Victor Meldrew conspiracy?

con grats

Post 12

amdsweb

Look chaps, an italic. Do you think she's been sent to check up on us?
Big brother is watching us... smiley - winkeye

con grats

Post 13

Abi

How can I be a Trojan Horse if I don't arrive in disguise?

con grats

Post 14

Peregrin

Ah, how do we know that you're not another researcher as well? And you use, say, the alias 'Doctor Wonky Mungbean' as a way of watching me and making sure I don't go too far with the ParanoiaPost?

Chris Tarrant? The conspiracy that says he's actually an alien first wave attack force, sent to numb our minds and reduce our brains to water? Or the one that says they fixed the questions last night to make it easier, and have a higher winner?

I've seen the questions they used last night, it's true, they are easier than normal.

con grats

Post 15

amdsweb

And did you notice how a toff won the million quid? See, thats the powers that be making sure that all the money stays with the rich. Thats so they can afford to send Abi in to check up on us. Or something.

Removed

Post 16

Abi

This post has been removed.

con grats

Post 17

Peregrin

*sniggers uncontrollably*

Hey, I wonder how long it will be before hoards of Americans descend on the ParanoiaPost, claiming it to be a voice of truth and wisdom...

con grats

Post 18

amdsweb

I think the Americans are in on it all as well.

con grats

Post 19

spoon

and the rich. being a doctor at barts A n d winning 5 thousand quids in the lottery is ..aam.. a bit suspicious to say the least.

If not conspicious.

If not a damned good reason to immediatly change into a state of a bit of healthy good old paranoia of excellent craftmamsship.
*hides behind paper*

con grats

Post 20

spoon

*peers over edge of paper*

suspiciously quiet here

Key: Complain about this post