A466238

Post 1

Dan

http://www.h2g2.com/A466238

A466238

Post 2

The Pink Dandelion (Taraxacum non-officinale) - Keeper of the Shrubbery

A bit post-modern, isn't it?

I like it. Rather like that "why?" exam question which all philosophy students claim was once answered with "because" by a cocky student.

Needs a useful follow-up, though, really.

A466238

Post 3

Global Village Idiot

Sadly, to quote the Editorial guidelines...
"...until we set up a humour section, we won't use any one-line jokes in the Edited Guide"
smiley - sadface
GVI

A466238

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

That's a real shame. It could hold its own against such classics as:

Recursion: see "Recursion"

Endless Loop: see "Loop, Endless"

Loop, Endless: see "Endless Loop"

As far as I'm concerned, given the Guide's division into "Life", "The Universe" and "Everything", this article would probably fit in somewhere under "Everything". smiley - ok

A466238

Post 5

Martin Harper

Or my favourite:

Zen:

Any entry on self-motivation should include the following excellent advice I've read:
1) tie length of rope round right leg
2) pass other end up your back, over your shoulder, and down your chest
3) pull sharply down on this end, thus kicking youseself up the backside.

A466238

Post 6

Martin Harper

Peer Review guidelines are worth meeting too - "enter the AXXXXX number and the name of your recommended entry into the 'Subject' line". By failing to put the name of your subjetc you've probably lost about half of the people who might otherwise comment, and, if this had been guide material, reduced the chances of getting into the guide to about a tenth.

The h2g2 joke directory is at http://www.h2g2.com/A227440 if you don't want to spend the effort required to make this a genuine guide candidate.

Thread Moved

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Self-motivation'.

Back to Entry - humourous entry, not suitable for Edited Guide

Thread Moved

Post 8

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

"humourous entry, not suitable for Edited Guide"

Now, *that's* funny! smiley - rofl

Key: Complain about this post