A Conversation for MadLibs

The ultimate game--MadLibs.

Post 1

FG

MadLibs happens to be one of my favorite games. It manages to combine complete wackiness with an English grammar lesson. I put together a little introduction to the MadLibs experience: http://www.h2g2.com/A463394. Tell me what you think. Thanks! smiley - smiley

Post 2

FG

Okay, I'm taking the cheap, easy, and sleazy route to get back on the Peer Review page by reposting to my own notice. Please forgive me. smiley - winkeye

Post 3

Gavroche

1) The Scouts will not stop reading entries after the first page, or even the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. Often we will spend the time to go through every page in order to find the gems that are buried. So you don't have to post to the thread every day to bring it back up to the top.

2) I like this entry. I remember and adore Madlibs from my childhood (and young adulthood). The entry might confuse some people in that the creators originally used it at cocktail parties, and it was plugged on the Steve Allen show...but it is primarily marketed as a child's game.

You might point out that while marketed for children, adults can have fun with them as well. The tone of the stories change when the participants age, as they find as they get older, they're picking different nouns and different verbs, and the stories have gained "new meaning." Naturally, adults should be careful and keep the "completed books" they've created hidden away from their kids. (I think there have even been some "Adult" Madlibs books created especially for this purpose.)

Post 4

FG

Oh, I know about turning the entries into something completely filthy. Although I've found that only using scatalogical words renders the result less than funny. A good mix, or just the occasional shocking tidbit is much funnier.
I had no idea the scouts did such searching! smiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'MadLibs'.

Back to Entry - this became Edited Entry A534656 MadLibs - the Game

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more