This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

Wolcum

Post 1

You can call me TC

Since singing Britten's Ceremony of Carols last weekend, the tunes have been going round in my head.

Last week I bought on impulse a little baby all-in-one undergarment in pink with "welcome" on it, for my nearly to be born granddaughter. Today she finally found her way into the world. We have no details as yet, but are delighted all seems to have gone well. Tomorrow I can pack up the little parcel and send it off to my son and his growing family. I also found a little card with "welcome" on it, to put in the parcel.

Wolcum

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Awwwwwww. smiley - hug

You mentioned Britten's wonderful "Ceremony of carols." Is your granddaughter going to be named carol?

Wolcum

Post 3

You can call me TC

Nearly. They have named her Carla. As my son stipulates the surname, they have agreed that the mother chooses the Christian names. The Germans have slightly different connotations to some names.

Wolcum

Post 4

smiley - ok

Wolcum

Post 5

Wand'rin star

How lovely to find a matching card.

Wolcum

Post 6

You can call me TC

We'll finally get to see her next week. We are going to visit them and will be celebrating her sister's 4th birthday.

Wolcum

Post 7

How far away does your son live?

Wolcum

Post 8

You can call me TC

He is in Bonn which is a 2-3 bour drive. We have snow this morning. The drive up the A61 is no picnic on any day. We prefer to go by train but usually have so much to carry that we go by car. Parking is a nightmare where they live.

We shall not only see the baby for the first time but my other 2 sons will be there too from diverse corners of the globe.

Wolcum

Post 9

Wonderful. smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more