A Conversation for Holorutha and the SnackQueen

Holorutha and the SnackQueen - Book one.

Post 1

TowelMaster

It was a long time ago, on a holodeck far far away...

CHAPTER ONE : The SnackQueen

From her tower in the castle the lonely SnackQueen stared out at the fields. She sighed, and a single tear ran down her cheek, for it had been months since she heard anything from her true love, her dear Holorutha. She had just had a terrible argument with her maid, for the sheets were just not quite right. Nothing was since her love had been gone, not the day, nor the night, nor the long lonely hours in between. What could she do? Should she remain in her tower or risk emerging like a butterfly into the cold, rainy outside world?

But the decision was not to be hers, for there was always that itchy feeling that mentioned the presence of her old father, sitting in a dark corner of the castle, screaming for some semblance of order in the disorder, that is to say : more of his favourite ale. 'Come here my daughter!', he shouted, drunk as ever. She knew what he wanted. The same as each time that he got drunk. She would go down and then he would go on. The subject of her refusal of betrothal to all the suiters he presented. If only she could let him know of her feelings for Holorutha. But her father thought him merely a peasant who would never be able to take over the kingdom.

So there she was, crying, thinking of her loved one, until suddenly something outside caught her eye. A shadow upon the ground. Vast and dark, blocking out the light where it fell. Looking skyward she saw a bird. But it wasn't just any bird. She had never seen anything that beautiful. While she looked, the white albatross descended gracefully and settled on the ground at her feet. To her surprise it addressed her thus:"I have travelled along the widest reaches of this land." "Fear not, for your Holorutha shall return. I have seen him in all his greatness and, believe me he is great, and he feels that he is on a mission from God, but he will return!" "Oh" she replied, "But what shall I do while I wait for him? For it is not in my nature to sit around idly." And it was not. She would far rather...

Suddenly she heard a dark and mysterious voice : 'Listen very carefully SnackQueen, for I shall say this only once..."

*fade out, camera on SnackQueen's face...*

CHAPTER TWO : HOLORUTHA.

Far away...

To Be Continued...

Post 2

shazzPRME

Holorutha sat and stared miserably into his beer. This was not a new occurance as it had happened many times before.
Suddenly...
shazzPRME smiley - winkeye

Post 3

Don Vito

His beer started talking (this also happend before)
It was talking about a bird that was visitting his girl.
It said:

Post 4

shazzPRME

... "you have been seeing far too much of me recently! Why don't you down me to the last drop and pack your rucksack and go and find your SnackQueen? She is pining away in her dark Kasteel and misses you!"
shazz smiley - winkeye

Post 5

TowelMaster

Updates have been added to page.

TM.

Post 6

TowelMaster

Far away in a distant land, Holorutha sat and stared miserably into his beer. This was nothing new, as it had happened many times before. Suddenly circles started to form in his beer. Slowly the head of a bird appeared. It spoke to Holorutha about his girlfriend and how miserable she felt.

It said : "you have been looking into this mug far too much recently! Why don't you down it to the last drop, pack your rucksack and go and find your SnackQueen? She is pining away in her dark Kasteel and misses you!"

_______

Holorutha sighed, if it were only that easy.

Post 7

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

There hadn't been a night where he didn't lay awake, thinking about only one thing...

Post 8

TowelMaster

There wasn't a single night that he wouldn't lie awake, thinking about his SnackQueen.

Unfortunately, Holorutha had a mission to complete. For although his love did not know(noone actually knew about this in the old kingdom), he had set out to defeat the Relics of The Olde Empire, those remnants of a distant past who threatened the very existence of the castle.

So on this day, Holorutha decided to visit their most prominent member : Count Farmwell. The Count was the only one who had some control over the Relics, as they were also known. And some control would be vital to overcome the many other dangers that still lay ahead.

Post 9

ROFL!! Nice one, TM smiley - winkeye

He knew that the road ahead would be dangerous. The Relics, or so it was told in the Kingdom by those few who knew about them, lived in a small village in the shadow of Mount Antrens. The only thing Holorutha knew about that Mount, was that people who went there seldom returned. But that wasn't the only thing. He did know one thing about the road to the village. The road would lead him towards the Guard Post, home of the Evil Twins...

Post 10

TowelMaster

Right o.k...Yes. Copy Copy... smiley - winkeye

Anyway, keep it coming because the story is starting to look like something(don't exactly know what it is though...) smiley - winkeye

BTW : check out the pages because I have added characterbackgrounds, synopsis, etcetera...

TM.

Post 11

Miriam

The bird (what was it's name again?) nodded in answer to Holorutha's thoughts. [bird's name] wasn't actually a bird, it just appeared that way, she really was a good witch with a bird disguise, and obviously she could read people's minds. Perhaps you should let your beloved SnackQueen know where you are and what you're up to, if you stay away for too long it might be too late to return to her, spoke [bird's name]. Holorutha...

Post 12

...wanted to, but he wasn't sure how he could manage that. He couldn't stay here for too long, cause he had a quest to complete. On the other hand, his beloved SnackQueen, who had been filling his thoughts and dreams ever since he left the Castle to find Count Farmwell, was all alone. Holorutha thought about it, and couldn't make up his mind. Duty and Danger on one side, Failure and possibly even more Danger on the other side. He knew he would have to make his mind up soon, cause it was getting darker, and he needed a place to spend the night. The woods were not a good place to be in the middle of the night...

Post 13

TowelMaster

Updates added per d.d. 06/11/2000

TM.

P.S. Working on the Synopsis...

Post 14

ClownMCP

While Holorutha was desperately seeking shelter from the oncoming night, Miles away, an evil entity woke from it's sleep. It had no fear of the night, for all creatures of the night feared Him (and his mates, ofcourse). He was everthing Holorutha wasn't. He was handsome, for instance. But anyone who could have gotten close enough to take a close look at his face would know his good looks to be false. For in his Demonically symmetric face two red fires burned where eyes should have been, light puffs of smoke could be seen coming out of his nose and his mouth. His mouth...his thin bloodless lips parted to reveal blood-stained fangs. Oh, he was human allright. He just happened to choose not to look very much like it.He was dressed in golden-rimmed black armour, blacker than night itself. It was the blackness of true darkness. This man-being was known as Piggen-Jester, mightiest of the Ancient relics and therefore also their leader. Next to him stood a black dragon, known as Ahgrowl. Which meant "run for your life!" in the language of the Relics. Piggen-Jester mounted Ahgrowl and they rose skyward, carried by the dragons' mighty wings. The Ancient one spoke softly, with a voice like a hissing snake, to his steed: "come on, my dear friend, let us see how the Twins fare against Holorutha.

Post 15

The dragon only growled, but exchanged a knowing glance with his master. He knew that there was much at stake here. His master had been very restless all day, and that feeliing reflected on the winged beast. The maniacal laugh that came from the man sitting on his back sent a shiver through the dragons body. No matter how long they had crossed the skies together, Ahgrowl could never really get used to that sound...

Post 16

TowelMaster

Clown,

I updated the story but who the H*** is Piggen-Jester ? smiley - winkeye

TM.

Post 17

TowelMaster

Oh and you are also on the list of participants of course...

TM.

Post 18

shazzPRME

Meanwhile Holorutha scoured the woods for a place to make camp for the night. He did not like the silence of the place, nor the way the trees appeared to reach down to snag him in their branches.
Suddenly he spotted a glimmer of light in the gloom. Was there a cottage over there buried deep in the forest?
He paused to collect his thoughts... and his stomach contents which were churning uncomfortably in anticipation.
Gradually his weary feet moved toward the light, only for it to apparently wink out when a great shadow loomed overhead.
shazz smiley - winkeye

Post 19

shazzPRME

shazz smiley - sadface

Post 20

TowelMaster

Well if you have a better idea about how to "run" something like this...

So far I can only think of two ways to "maintain" the story :

1. The participants use the threads to divert from the storyline used so far(and hopefully improve on it). But I will have to glue the bits together so it makes sense.

Or...

2. Read the story so far and then reply...

As I said, if you have any ideas...

TM.

Key: Complain about this post