A Conversation for The Blues Brothers

The Blues Brothers

Post 1

invisibleknight

I'm not sure if this is useful info but here it is anyway.
Ages ago I had a nice huge BB poster that said they were blood brothers, and had become so by cutting their fingers on the E string of Elmore James Guitar, touching their fingers together to become brothers in blood - The Blues Brothers.
I'd also like to mention some of the famous cameos in the movie, Mr Spielberg, Twiggy, Frank Oz, James Brown, Ray Charles, Chaka Khan (The solo vocalist in the Triple rock church choir) and many more.
My fave film, so much so I always dress up as Elwood at Halloween (in England, where we don't tend to go for that kind of thing) and carry my mouth organ (which I'm learning to play) in my pocket, and even wear my prescription sunglasses (even when it is dark, and many miles from Chicago).

The Blues Brothers

Post 2

Mat

Plus Aretha Franklyn, John Lee Hooker, Carrie Fisher and John Candy.

One of my fav. films too. I think they had a lot of fun making it. It's nice how it starts with a quiet overview of the prison as an introduction and ends up with complete carnage.

Mat
1060 W. Addison, Chicago smiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more