A Conversation for Richard III – Malignant or Maligned Monarch?

A452611

Post 1

Showpony

http://www.h2g2.com/A452611

D'oh! That's what you get for not reading the instructions. No wonder my washing machine doesn't work...

Be gentle with my first ever guide entry...

A452611

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

There's plenty of good stuff in this article.

Don't assume that the people reading this are English. The only mention of England is once at the very top. Maybe you should say "King of England" instead of just "king" in a few places just to reinforce it.

I find all these Henrys and Edwards confusing. Edward IV was someone's elder brother, but was it Richard's or Henry VI's? Was Henry Tudor also known by a number? Was he Henry VII?

What position did Richard hold when he killed the king, Henry VI? Was he a rival king also claiming the throne, a minor official or what? Why does this major event deserve only one sentence in your article?

A452611

Post 3

Showpony

Many thanks for a) taking the time to read the entry and
b) Your comments. Very useful.

In light of your comments, I've re-read it - you're right, of course.

I'm afraid I can't legistlate for 15th-century parents' lack of imagination when it came to naming their offspring, but I'll make try and make a few distinctions so it's all a little clearer.

Thread Moved

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Richard III – Malignant or Maligned Monarch?'.

Back to Entry - this became Edited Entry A573950 Richard III - Malignant or Maligned Monarch?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more