A Conversation for Yoga and Integral Yoga

yoga

Post 1

Shiva

so where did u get this infomation from and do u have any idea where i can obtain a book or video to learn the deeper soulfinding, mind elevating yoga from...........would appreciate any info.....thanx

yoga

Post 2

chybrain

Hi, Shiva,

Sorry I didn't reply any earlier, but there are hardly any responses to my "essays".
Anyway, I got tis information of course from the books of Sri Aurobindo and Mira Alfassa - The Mother, as they have founded the Integral Yoga. But even before my interest in the Integral Yoga was awakened I have practised the usual Hatha Yoga and read quite a lot, so that there was already a general body of knowledge about yogic matters. But most of the things I have written you will not find easily in Sri Aurobindo's and The Mother's work. It is rather a condensation of experience, reading and trying to understand, and the interaction with others who are interested in the Integral Yoga and with whom I am living by now for 20 years in the common effort towards building Mirapuri, the city of peace and future man, as a place for expressing the idea behind the Integral Yoga.
As for books and videos we have a bookstore and if you send me an eMail we can send you the booklist, at the moment as printed booklet, but later eventually also as pdf.
As for "to learn the deeper soulfinding, mind elevating yoga..." Integral Yoga cannot be learned by book or tape, as basically the ways of Yoga are different for everybody and the Integral Yoga especially has no fixed techniques. You can read and learn and try to understand and to be sincere to yourself especially at every moment and to always widen your horizon. Therefore, among other reasons, it is easier/better to live in a community where one can always get a feedback as well as new impulses for development.
My best wishes
Chybrain

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Yoga and Integral Yoga

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more