A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Anyone Else Writing Out There..?

Post 1

The Doctor

Hi there
As an aspiring writer with a few short works published in the field of psychological horror, I would love to be able to enter into an online correspondence or whatever with other writers, aspiring or uninspiring! I am just launching a dark comedy novel, so would appreciate any such contact and encouragement...
Yours
The Doctor
[email protected]

Post 2

DF

I write. Mostly sci-fi/fantasy short stories, as well as poetry. And, heh, aspiring to be an successful author =) though right now I'm just aiming at being a freelance writer, writing articles for magazines, news papers et cetera. Anyway, I'm always welcome to correspondence, though atm I don't think I have much time to write anything, so if ye want to mail me: [email protected]

Post 3

Matilda

I am writing a children's fantasy novel at the moment. I am really writing it to keep my imagination occupied so I don't really have any great expectation of it being published. But I am really glad that there are other writers here on h2g2

you can drop me a line at [email protected]

Matilda

Post 4

Chris M

I'm working myself up to starting to get into the frame of mind for writing a screenplay, for a, er, (ahem) phychological comedy - something akin to Me myself & Irene but with more of a social conscience... I have made one minor go at it and was reasonably pleased with the result, except that besides being poorly formatted, it was almost completely humourless and more than a bit fatalistic.
I am currently reading the excellent Complete Idiot's Guide to Screenwriting, in order to sharpen my wits, and would love to get some communication going with anyone who has any input / similar objectives.

[email protected]

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more