A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 181

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Yes, Terry Gilliam for director!!! smiley - ale

What about Meatloaf for Hotblack? and that guy who's doing all the impressions on TV Alistair Mcgowan? for Arthur? Vinnie Jones could do either Shooty or Bang Bang

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 182

Hunter, who is rarely on H2G2 anymore.

Howzzabout robin williams as wonko the sane?

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 183

StipeyZ.Rickenbacker

robin williams is too sturdy for wonko the sane... i think jeff goldblum would fit the part well...

smiley - smiley

StipeyZRickenbacker

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 184

(T.T.)Mr.Mike(Muse of silly violists, Thingite sandwich maker, with Tommy his pet semi-sentient Platypus){(-1+7)*7+0^31=42}

Patrick Stewart as Slartibaartfast maybe?

I love Robin Williams. I consider him one of the great actors. I dont know if hes right for Arther. He has been in a lot of movies over the years. I also cant see him worrying about a cup of tea, but then I can only imagine a brit worrying about tea. I imagine that he would have an excellent voice for Marvin.

The guide should sound either intellectual, like the guy from masterpeice theatre, or really hip, like ah . . . someone who could catch youre attention.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 185

thor173098

ok im just gonna leap 2 footed into the middle here:
(bearing in mind i wasn't born when the original radio shows went out, go easy on me)

arther dent: hugh lawrie/adrian atkinson
ford prefect:
trillian: charisma carpinter/sandra bullock
zaphod:
marvin: guy who does the links on the resevior dogs sound track
the book:
the heart of gold:
slarti.: woody allen
colin:

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 186

StipeyZ.Rickenbacker

i LOVE woody allen as slartibartfast... smiley - smiley)) btw - does anyone agreee with me that andy kaufman would have been a great ford prefect? hope they get this going up in heaven now...

smiley - smiley

StipeyZRickenbacker

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 187

thor173098

what about allen rickman as ford?

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 188

RoAdKiL the sane

I believe that Ford Prefect could be played quite well by the actor that played David Puddy on the Seinfeld sitcom.

Trillian would have to be Elizabeth Hurley.

Zaphod must be portrayed by someone not quite all here, someone like Tom Green or some other complete wack job.

Marvin could be played by the comedian Steven Wright, he is the human equivalent of the robot anyway so he's already in character.

That's all my feeble mind can render at this moment,

My Brain Hurts!!

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 189

Bucket

Hollywood movies are usually set in America, if they make the movie don’t expect English accents or humour, expect American scripts written for American actors with an American audience in mind. Please don’t let Hollywood make this film.
Why can’t the BBC remake H2G2, spend some money on it and really do the scripts justice. The thought of Jerk Carrey playing Arther Dent is a joke.
If he does get the role I for one will be dusting of my Howitzer ready for the day that Hollywood reloads its commercial bandwagon. Get this- in Hollywood Arther Dent doesn’t drink tea he drinks Coca-Cola, I can imagine the close up now of Arther at the vending machine trying to order a packet of m&m’s and a root beer, poor Marvin’s brain will be yet another operating system from Microsoft and his bodywork will be from BMW.
Lets not talk about Hollywood making h2g2 lets talk about the BBC remaking it.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 190

Clelba

here here
^. .^
= ' =
smiley - angelsmiley - choc
smiley - blackcatsmiley - cat

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 191

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Sorry, too late - at least I think it is - Hollywood have had their grubby little paws in the pie for years now - that's why DNA went to live there....

If it gets made at all it will be a Disney Film, unless someone else can afford to buy the option off of them....

And Liz Hurley as Trill..... Nah - not switched on enough....

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 192

Clelba

well, when it comes out, i'll have to see it. there's a very small chance it might be good...but i am talking very very very very very very very very very small.
^. .^
= ' =
smiley - angelsmiley - choc
smiley - blackcatsmiley - cat

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 193

Steiner

jim carry is no choice.

i would prefer someone like alan alda. do you remember? he was captain pears in mash. and he always wore this bathrobe ... smiley - smiley

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 194

voyager

Alan Alda would have been good 30 years ago but he probably would need 3 bathrobes now just to hide the flab....

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 195

StipeyZ.Rickenbacker

i still want single cell to produce this - michael stipe is weird enough to get the point AND he's into douglas... AND his company could put in the necessary money without making it disney...

smiley - smiley

StipeyZRickenbacker, being a pain in the ass...

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 196

Bucket

How about Sly Stallone for Arthur Dent
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Ford Prefect
And Bruce Willis as Zaphod
Lets hope that the Vogons decide to destroy Planet Hollywood before this movie gets out of control
This is so unbelievable
I cant believe that the BBC gave H2G2 to Hollywood
Why not let them have Blakes7, (Can u hear the cry from the American public' what happened to the first 6 movies') I dont want to diss the American public but sophisticated they aint. I could go on and on about this subject but I will stop here for now.
I say again, dont let Hollywood make this movie. Let the BBC make it.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 197

thor173098

i see ur point for banning americans from everything h2g2 related, but they do have money and could make the special effects needed to make this film look so blindingly good, good yes the script without a doubt if taken word for word from the books would make an epic piece as we all know, but dont u think that for example zaphod 2nd head would have to be better now a days than that manakin he had shoved on his shoulder in the bbc broadcast, it was good then but so was that mash bloke. the effects must be excellent as well as the cast to match the script, and americans have big bucks.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 198

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

america might have the money, but if hollywood makes it it will likely be Aussies doing the FX. Good on 'em.

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 199

dasilva

So the strength of Mr.Brown's euro...erm..pound against the US Dollar has hit even the gigabucks film industry - I know the guy's down under will do a good job, just means it wont be me working on it *sighs*

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 200

thor173098

the point that needs addressing is how to get the the good FX (either by US or Aussies) but keep the production of the film British. which would mean funding from somewhere?

any ideas?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more