This is the Message Centre for Space Chief, Keeper of the Destructo-Ray

Dating

Post 1

Space Chief, Keeper of the Destructo-Ray

Had a date on Friday. smiley - smiley Strange to realise, but it was the first time I've ever been on an "official" date, where you really hardly know the person you're with, although you're trying to. In the past, whenever I've asked a girl out for a meal, or whatever, it's always been someone I actually know quite well, and usually in the situation where we're already in some sort of relationship with each other. So as you might imagine, I was a little nervous on Friday.

Turned out I didn't need to be - everything went really, really well. Everything was really relaxed and comfortable. There were no awkward silences, or anything like that, and we had a lot to talk about. I'm now incredibly keen to find out exactly how she felt it went. I mean, she seemed to be enjoying herself as much as I was, and she did say so. But then my usual insecurities take over. smiley - smiley She might have enjoyed Friday evening, but not really felt like anything more, or decided that maybe I belonged in the "just friends" box. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see. Obviously, I'm going to ask her out again, so I imagine I'll get some sort of better picture then.

It's quite difficult not to fall into female-style overanalysis here, of course, but I do have some sort of pride, so I'm going to avoid that as best as I can. smiley - smiley

Wish me luck!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Space Chief, Keeper of the Destructo-Ray

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more