This is the Message Centre for Space Chief, Keeper of the Destructo-Ray

Laziness

Post 1

Space Chief, Keeper of the Destructo-Ray

That's what it is. You let things slide a bit. A lot, even. And the next thing you know, all of your journal entries start off with "Haven't written anything here for a while...." and then dribble off into inanity.

"Think of your Journal as your personal diary", the instructions above say. "We all lead interesting lives, and your Journal is the place to tell everyone exactly what makes your days buzz by."

Hmmm. I've spent this afternoon fiddling around with video software. (http://xine.sf.net) Partly in the hope of finding some way to contribute to the project, but mostly in the hope of being able to use it to watch that Agent Provocateur ad with Kylie. Does that count as an interesting way to make your days buzz by? I think not. (By the way, you can watch it, streamed at least. Not entirely sure if watching lingerie adverts is covered by the AUP of the university network, but never mind. smiley - smiley )

On a totally unrelated note, do you think it's possible to arrange an automatic slapping of anyone who uses the word "normalcy"? I've noticed this cropping up more and more often in all sorts of places - TV, magazines, newspapers, random places all over the web. And it really is incredibly irritating. It's not a real word. Using it is not big, or clever. The real word you're looking for is "normality", which is a fine upstanding word with much to recommend it. It doesn't deserve that sort of abuse.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Space Chief, Keeper of the Destructo-Ray

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more