A Conversation for Hillbilly Hollwood

A449381- Hillbilly Hollywood

Post 1

Drabromeo

http://www.h2g2.com/A449381

I just posted this brief look at an even briefer sub-sub-genre of the Hollywood Musical-- the country music movie. From the late 50s to the early 70s, these movies were a bright comet in the darkening skies of B-movie Hollywood. I enjoyed poking around in the Movies section of the edited guide, and thought this entry might make a nice addition. Like its subject matter, the entry is a little stupid, a little awkward, and a little déclassé, but it has a heart of gold.

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Well done! I don't think it's stupid or déclassé. The reference to Ma and Pa Kettle and Lil Abner might need a footnote though. Also, the movie titles should be in italics, and you should use (bold) instead of the block capitals to give your work the Edited look. The list of movies at the end would be more interesting if you could include the names of the stars and possibly a word or two about the plot, if that's not getting a bit carried away.

JTG

Post 3

Jimi X

I agree with John. This is a fun little entry. It looks like it was done in text rather than GuideML, but that's nothing a Sub can't fix. smiley - winkeye

I'm not familiar with this genre of bad movies, and I'd thought I'd seen them all...
Good one!

Post 4

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

I'm pleased to inform you that your entry has been picked for the edited Guide! It will go to the sub-editors for the usual tweaking, then when it's ready to appear, you'll receive an e-mail. Thanks for writing such a great article!

- Lentilla

Congratulations!

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more