This is the Message Centre for Hati

Not bored

Post 1

Hati

smiley - yawn

I would say the self-isolation and social distancing and all that suits me fine. The main downside is the knowing that I can't go away. Not that I desperately want to. Just the thing in my head.
I am not bored. The w*rk takes more time than normally, there are all those thing people do in spring (gardening and stuff), and there is a pile of books I want to read.

smiley - yawn

Not bored

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

The trick is to concentrate on what I can do - and ignore the stuff I can't smiley - zen

I believe it gets a bit easier with age. As stuff takes a lot longer to accomplish when you are retired.

Writing a letter for example. When you are retired you can ponder for days on what to write, find the right paper, the right pen, typewriter, computer, font, envelope, stamp - you name it.

The same when preparing breakfast: Hard boiled, soft boiled, something in between, scrambled? Pot, pan, skillet?

Back in my day it hardly took me five minutes. These days a soft boiled egg can easily take 30 ...

smiley - pirate

Not bored

Post 3

Hati

I'm afraid I am mostly focused on the stuff I *must* do. Or trying to be focused on it, anyway. Perhaps I'm just waiting to get bored enough to start to w*rk on my thesis. smiley - laugh

Not bored

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Sounds awfully lot like a pl*n smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

Not bored

Post 5

Hati

Naah, just dreaming.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hati

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more