A Conversation for The Dublin Pub

Desperately seeking a guide entry

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

There are many Dublin pubs which deserve a mention but aren't yet in the guide:
"The Thing Mote" near the bottom of Grafton street. The best interior decor of any pub in Dublin (IMHO). Also one of the bery few to open last New Years day...and they gave all the profits that day to charity. Unfortunately every time I go there I forget what the name means before I can get home to write up the guide entry.

"The gravediggers" up by Glasnevin cemetry. Unfortunately I can't write up a guide entry on it cos I keep forgetting its name.

"The Merchant O'Sheas" up the top of the Quays. Great fiddlyi-diddly music every night. Occaisionally ruined by my terrible renditions of "The Fields of Athenry" etc. smiley - winkeye

Post 2

Pipey

'The Thing Mote' is apparently the name for what passed for a parliament in Dublin during viking times - any rape and pillage today, sir? No, I'm here to pass a few laws everybody will ignore!

(Some things don't change!)

Oh, and the Gravediggers is actually called Kavanagh's.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more