This is the Message Centre for broelan

Message from the Lane of Broe

Post 1

broelan

Hey all. I realize last time I stopped by I dropped some bad news and then disappeared again. Sorry 'bout that, but as you can imagine, it's been a hell of a year so far.

So, an update. Mr B has gone through his first round of chemo, his surgery, and has started his second round of chemo. Cancer sucks. But we're winning, I think.

Meanwhile, because my employer was concerned I might not have enough to worry about this year, I was laid off in June. You'd think, with all this free time, I should have made it back around these parts before now... but no. Although it's occurred to me that what h2g2 really needs is an app. Are they working on that yet?

I've been feeling the itch to start writing again. And I'd like to spend more time getting back into the site. How are people accessing this on mobile platforms these days? I spend way more time on my phone and Kindle than I do on an actual computer.

Miss you, Gosho! And of course, everyone else. But a lot of the everyone else's I see on The Book of Face.

smiley - hug to all!

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Broe smiley - biggrin

I have so many gmail accounts I can't remember which ones I use for what any more, but I've got a Yahoo address for you from 2006 and an email all ready to send to it if that's still the one you still use use smiley - smooch

Post 3

I dread to think what your h2g2 backlogue must be like smiley - headhurts

Post 4

"if that's still the one you still use use"

Yes, I've had a beer. What of it? smiley - drunk

Post 5

broelan

Yes, still have the same yahoo account smiley - smiley I'm entirely too lazy to change it. Although I did have to set up a new gmail, didn't think "broelan" seemed appropriate for a resume.

Message from the Land of Broe

Post 6

broelan

And now I see, six days later, a typo in the subject. pffft.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for broelan

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more