This is the Message Centre for Captain Malcolm Reynolds

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22641

jack white

Wow. Jamie Carragher is an angry man.

Angry at John Stones, to be precise.

I thought he was going to explode a couple of times tonight.

smiley - laugh

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22642

McNamara That Ghost

Enough to be spitting venom?

smiley - whistle

Barkley and Walker were at it too. That must be the Tottenham and Everton.

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22643

jack white

Football has been treating me badly in recent times, Mac.

So what possessed me to invest in a ticket for Ireland v Gibraltar? smiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22644

McNamara That Ghost

Jack, it doesn't sound like it was a classic.

McCarthy is upbeat though, which sounds like it is very unlikely to really be Mick McCarthy. smiley - erm

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22645

McNamara That Ghost

Fixtures are out at 9am Jack.

Given a kind start this year and a horrendous end to the season presumably. smiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22646

jack white

I'm predicting we'll be about 15th after the first six games. smiley - grr

Some cash rich sheikh buys Newcastle, no doubt intending to fill the tram with expensive superstars, so naturally we get to play them first. smiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22647

McNamara That Ghost

The festive period will be ruined too Jack, Chelsea and Man Utd 28th Dec and 1st Jan respectively.

What's that about?

And on your point, we then have Liverpool away late August.

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22648

jack white

A game against Barcelona has been lined up.

So we've decided we want to get stuffed in pre-season friendlies as well as actual competitive fixtures.

Lovely. smiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22649

McNamara That Ghost

We've got Bayern Munich also Jack.

That Barca match is for a trophy too. As if it wasn't obvious enough we'd lose that one in the first place.

Looks like we're bidding for Tierney. That'll be him going elsewhere then.

smiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22650

jack white

Apparently we've bid 15 million for him and Celtic have turned it down.

No doubt we'll be back in soon with a bid of 6.3 million or thereabouts. smiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22651

McNamara That Ghost

Sounds enticing Jack, why would they not take that deal?

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22652

jack white

Well Mac, as the Tierney deal flounders, I'm reading that we've made an offer for Wilfried Zaha which is only 60 million below the asking price.

What could possibly go wrong?

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22653

McNamara That Ghost

Jack out entire transfer strategy seems to be 'help us out why not, we make bucket loads of money but we're broke really'

In better news, last day in work today for 8. Of course this means today will be especially horrific.

Talking to the public all day. smiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22654

jack white

Nice, Mac.

I am off for two weeks on the 15th. And every single day between now and then will feel like it's lasting a month. smiley - grr I have mountains of work to get through before then. smiley - grr

Heading for the South of France. And they'd better cancel that sodding heatwave. I mean, 45.9 degrees celsius?? smiley - grr That would sodding kill me. smiley - grr

Anyway, work is depressing me in the meantime. And reading about Arsenal's frankly ridiculous transfer masterplan is driving me even more mental. smiley - grrsmiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22655

McNamara That Ghost

Jack, it would be fairly typical if your holiday is ruined because the weather is too bloody good.

Imagine that. smiley - grr

That's the thing about work Jack, great to leave but I can't disconnect because I have left a big pile of work behind. smiley - grr

O

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22656

McNamara That Ghost

Out transfer strategy seems to be baffling on the account of there not appearing to be one.

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22657

jack white

Well mac, I'm off on holiday on Monday. In a couple of weeks you can tell me all about our plethora of new signings.

Although I suspect it'll be a short post. smiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22658

McNamara That Ghost

Don't hold your breath. smiley - grr

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22659

McNamara That Ghost

Jack, it seems we are going crazy on signings.

I think work should sign up to you having an extended holiday to the benefit of millions of Gooners. smiley - ale

The Flying Headbutt

Post 22660

jack white

First day back in work. smiley - grr

Are we really signing this Pepe guy? smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more