This is the Message Centre for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

This could go either way ...

Post 1

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

... knowing how topic drift seems to be a constant

and inconsistency appears to be the only constant in my life smiley - rolleyes

Anyway:

I find it interesting that many people deny climate change but take weather advice from a rodent smiley - huh

Post 2

Baron Grim

Some folks also take weather advice from an annually published almanac.

Interesting thing about weather, we're getting pretty good at predicting weather over short terms and long terms. Forecasts for the next few hours to the next few days are typically quite accurate mostly, and predictions for the general climate over months, years and decades is becoming rather reliable as well. But between those, over a few weeks, we typically have absolutely no idea whatsoever what the weather may be.

So maybe Puxawottsit Phil ain't so bad after all.

Post 3

It's good to hear from you, Baron. I hope you're okay all things considered?

Weather forecasts here are difficult because there are so many islands and waterways and the country lies between the mainland climate to the south and east and the changeable sea climate from other directions. But comparing Danish weather forecasts with Norwegian and German usually gives me a good idea of ​​how the weather will develop over the next two to three days.

Post 4

Baron Grim

Thanks.

If your curious how my Monday went, I posted about it in my journal.

F105207?thread=3696077?thread=&show=20&skip=40#pi43

Post 5

There's something wrong smiley - huh

All I get from that links is:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getMessage() on a non-object in /var/www/pliny.h2g2.com/application/modules/default/views/scripts/error/error.phtml on line 20

Post 6

I checked your home page here, but your latest journal was "Hootooversary" from Posted Sep 9, 2017 smiley - huh

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyeFrom "somewhere within" my P/Ssmiley - biggrin

DON'T worry about tomorrow.
After all, today is the tomorrow
you worried about yesterday!

Post 8

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I had no trouble accessing that link. smiley - shrug

Post 9

After changing from Pliny to Alabaster neither had I. As you might have noticed by now.

I find it disturbing that I can't access anything in Pliny but how to change skin.

Of course I find the history of the Baron's ordeals more disturbing, though.

Post 10

Correction. That second sentence should be: I find it disturbing that I can't access everything in Pliny but have to change skin smiley - huh

Post 11

smiley - hug

Post 12

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyeAll my P/S works ok in "brunel" but not in crappy "pliny"

I was toldsmiley - smileythat my P/S should NOT work in hootoosmiley - biggrinbut it does! and has baffled programmers etcsmiley - biggrin
I was also informed not to touch it as such for nowsmiley - biggrin

Post 13

Pliny has been in trouble trouble ever since Vesuvius buried Pompei. smiley - winkeye

Post 14

ITIWBS

Suppose he'd taken warning from porpoises going the other way?

Post 15

Pink Floyd would've had to find another venue smiley - erm

Post 16

I've returned from Pliny to Alabaster. W*rks much faster too smiley - huh

Post 17

Yesterday was a Th*rsday. But one of the good ones:

The Danish parliament decided to build an artificial island in the North Sea. Calling it The Energy Island. It will house 650 offshore wind turbines, which will reach over 250 meters into the air. When the island is fully developed, it will be able to supply electricity to 10 million households. Four times as many as there are in the country today. The surplus will be sold to neighboring countries. Preliminary agreements have been concluded with Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany smiley - smiley

Post 18

In otter news:

10,000 Danish citizens who have been vaccinated against covid-19 will be monitored for two years to study the effects and side effects of various covid vaccines. Including whether there are vaccines that work better in some sections of the population than in others.

Post 19

ITIWBS

So far, given a choice I'd prefer the Pfizer vaccine.

There are currently studies underway to determine whether the existing vaccines can be used to boost one another against the rise in variant virus strains.

Post 20

Johnson and Johnson is petitioning to be allowed to go with its new vaccine, which only uses one shot.

Effectiveness? " 66% percent effective at preventing moderate to severe disease from COVID-19 and 85% effective at preventing severe disease."
http://www.verywellhealth.com/johnson-and-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-5093160

"The vaccine was also found to be fully protective against hospitalization and death and the protection against severe disease included multiple variants of COVID-19, including the B.1.351 variant found in South Africa"

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more