This is the Message Centre for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Communication

Post 1

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Some people imagine that they can see through you and understand exactly what you mean. Even when you hardly say anything.

And they expect you to have the same psychic ability.

Sadly this is not always the case. Neither of it.

It often turns out that they over-interpret. And misunderstand ...
But when you tell them they don't believe you ...

Does this ring a bell with you?

smiley - pirate

Communication

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

My mam once said to me - I can read you like a book!
I replied - mam! You can't get passed the "preface page"

smiley - winkeyesmiley - smileyI let "people" see what they want to see "in me"
I! Keep 95% back for MY usesmiley - winkeyenot theirssmiley - smiley

Communication

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

People will tend to overestimate their talents in some areas.

Communication

Post 4

Ah yes, the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

That goes both ways actually. Friend of mine keeps telling me how stupid he is and why he never understands anything. He isn't, you know smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Communication

Post 5

The Dunning-Kruger Effect - and some uplifting news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW9R6jgE7SQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW9R6jgE7SQ

smiley - pirate

Communication

Post 6

Yes, it goes both ways.

Communication

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyebeing as modest as I am smiley - whistleI just let "everything" be beneath my dignity smiley - winkeye

Communication

Post 8

That is probably the wisest decision in many cases smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Communication

Post 9

How many bodies can you bury beneath your dignity? smiley - winkeye

Communication

Post 10

No one is greater than me and I'm not greater than anyone, but! that's what I let'em think smiley - whistlesmiley - winkeye
a few year ago, I put my real name in google and in 3.42 secs it came up with just over 4 million (of ussmiley - rofl)

Difference is:- there's only 1 "Animal" (prof animal chaos)smiley - magic

Communication

Post 11

That's known as quality control. The Google approach is *quantity* control.

Communication

Post 12

Are you saying our mutual friend here is professor of quality physics (as opposed to quantum physics), paulh?

smiley - pirate

Communication

Post 13

smiley - wahThe only thing I'm a 110% expert at - is stupidity etcsmiley - magic

but alas! smiley - wah it ain't been a well paid job/vocation smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Then again smiley - smileywhy change perfection smiley - whistle

Communication

Post 14

smiley - laugh That's true, let's stick to what we're good at smiley - ok

Right now it's doing nothing - and I don't see that changing anytime soon smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Communication

Post 15

It's not the doing of the nothing that's important. Rather, it's the *way* we do the nothing: with great amounts of wit, topic drift, bird videos, nonsense verse that lacks perceptible meter, A weekly newspaper that features gorgeous artistic renderings of animals which last drew breath 25 million years ago, as well as living creatures that require a ticket to South Africa to see at first hand.

If God is a cat, then most contributors to the Post will get there easily.

If God likes bad puns and nonsense verse, another contingent of Hootooers will be received with open arms as well.

We are definitely not run of the ill, unless you are tlaking about a very strange mill....

Communication

Post 16

I could not have worded that better myself smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

Communication

Post 17

From events that happened in 1970/71 (while at a training college) I found my role in life!smiley - smileysmiley - magicDo whatever it takes to bring smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley and defeat frowns - I have never nor ever will do, waver from that from that quest!

Communication

Post 18

I woke up this morning feeling sad for no apparent reason. Must have been something that spilled over from a dream that had already instantly been erased from my memory.

I tried to think back but there was no trace, no shadow, no echo I could follow.

And then it came to me: Why would I even want to remember a dream that had left me this sad?

The next thing that happened was smiley - coffee

And a shiny new early summer morning smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

Communication

Post 19

from my P/S smiley - biggrinerr! yah gotta go there for the link smiley - rofl

Something to bring a little sunshine to you if maybe you are having a cloudy day

Click here for the Llama(sound on)

Test for those still Brainy No.3
A Genius will work this one out, I can't smiley - winkeye No.7

Communication

Post 20

That's 4 links. One takes you to the Llama Song, the 3 others only take you to commercials smiley - huh

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

Communication

More Conversations for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more