This is the Message Centre for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

IMPORTANT!

Post 1

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

In case you didn't see this over in the thread "Announcement 2019-05-26: Calling All Froods" I quote:

Hello, Hoopy Froods:

As you know, Pliny is still borked. Tech is working on it. Please do not continue to tell Content about this, as we're just as frustrated as you. Just send more Stuff to the Post, and pray to the galactic Deity of your choice.

HOW TO REACH YOUR CONTENT:

1. Stay logged in.

2. DO NOT click on 'Front Page'. The Front Page is in Pliny and will still be borked, no matter how you sneak up on it. Stay off. We are updating the Front Page sometimes, but only for advertising purposes, like dressing up the front parlour.

3. To get to the Front Page Content, SEARCH (in h2g2's searchbox, not on Google!) 'Zaphod Congruence' or Subscribe to the Front Page Announcement thread F21546918?thread=8320080 .

4. To navigate, bookmark the current issue of the h2g2 Post thepost or your Personal Space.

The current issue of the h2g2 Post is at A87937429 - updated weekly through Post Announcements F21546918?thread=8319196 , or by Subscribing to the Post Personal Space U54963 .

Milla advises: USE THE BOOKMARKS to go to h2g2. Do NOT start typing h2g2.com in your browser.

Yours in hope,

The Core Team

IMPORTANT!

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The latest news is that Pliny is working again.

But keep those instructions on hand. They should continue to work regardless of what happens.

(it's good to be prepared for anything smiley - smiley.)

IMPORTANT!

Post 3

Yeah, I just noticed smiley - biggrinsmiley - laughsmiley - rofl

After all the hard work I did of alerting everybody smiley - wah

But you are right, we should keep those instructions. It's not that I don't trust the smiley - hamstersmiley - hamster but Rupert and our fling with old auntie Beeb taught me never to take anything for granted smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

IMPORTANT!

Post 4

Turns out Pliny is not completely back yet smiley - erm

Before he went down Pliny always highlighted the conversations with postings I had not read yet. I doesn't do that now smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

IMPORTANT!

Post 5

Baron Grim

But at least you can actually read articles in Pliny now. That's a HUGE result!

IMPORTANT!

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Looks like the highlighting's back now!

IMPORTANT!

Post 7

Not here it isn't smiley - erm

But the Baron is right: It's a huge step in the right direction smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

IMPORTANT!

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Perhaps your fine service of alerting people impacted the success of the magic applied to the system in a positive manner?

smiley - towelsmiley - wizardsmiley - geek

IMPORTANT!

Post 9

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Huh. I've got functional highlighting heresmiley - shrug

IMPORTANT!

Post 10

smiley - laugh I'd like that, Milla, but I doubt it smiley - biggrin

It's a nice thought, though, so smiley - ta for that! smiley - smooch

smiley - pirate

IMPORTANT!

Post 11

Still no highlights here, Amy smiley - erm

But that's okay. Just a minor glitch I can w*rk myself around smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

IMPORTANT!

Post 12

Maybe I'm doing something wrong smiley - huh

Where do I find "preferences" on Pliny when I'm at my computer? I don't see it anywhere smiley - huh

smiley - pirate

IMPORTANT!

Post 13

Baron Grim

In the upper right quadrant of the front page, directly underneath the search box.

IMPORTANT!

Post 14

Ha! Got it! smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

IMPORTANT!

Post 15

Turns out I wasn't logged in to Pliny even if I never logged out and was able to do just about everything in Alabastard smiley - biggrin

Now that I've logged in to Pliny it looks like everything w*rks smiley - ok

This calls for celebration! smiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - cheers

smiley - pirate

IMPORTANT!

Post 16

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - cakesmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - bubblysmiley - discosmiley - alesmiley - cappuccino

IMPORTANT!

Post 17

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

now we know why i cant get the sites i have to google unless in alabaster lol

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more