This is the Message Centre for Gnomon - time to move on

Christmas Shopping

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Town isn't too mad yet. I got in by twenty past eleven. It'll probably get really busy in the afternoon, although Sunday afternoon seems to be the real time for shopping these days. I had to collect a spare pair of glasses for Mrs G but took the opportunity to buy the last few Christmas presents.

Looking forward to a week's holidays, although most people seem to be taking two eeeks.

Christmas Shopping

Post 2

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Business seems to stop between mid-December and about the 5th day of the new year, of late.

Christmas Shopping

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

not where I work. Quite a few of us will be off on Monday and Tuesday but at least half of us are only having wednesday and thursday off, and the 1st Jan.

Month/Year end waits for nobody smiley - sadface

Christmas Shopping

Post 4

You can call me TC

Our works are closed down as from last Thursday until 2 Jan. We in the office have to take a day off for the half-day official working time on Christmas Eve and New year's eve. The office is not open on those days, so now we have a new security system, we couldn't get in even if we wanted to - even if we didn't have any holiday left to cover the two half day's enforced holiday.

Nearly everyone's taking next week off as it only involves 2 days off really.

Did the week's shopping including most of the Christmas stuff this evening - the supermarket wasn't terribly busy, and they hadn't sold out of anything I was looking for except the Brussels sprouts, but I can still get them on Monday or Tuesday.

I don't think that the Christmas rush to the shops is so bad these days - but the online sales companies are buzzing with activity.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Gnomon - time to move on

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more