This is the Message Centre for Gnomon - time to move on

Windy

Post 21

Wand'rin star

This is a very small consequence, but I thought it might amuse some of you: I have a ten foot high brick wall covered in ivy, honeysuckle clematis and wild roses. The wind blew the ivy out of the wall(!) yesterday so the whole lot is upside down on the floor.
I have filled a garden waste bin with about a third of the mess, but that won't be collected again until the spring.smiley - starsmiley - star

Windy

Post 22

Gnomon - time to move on

Another gale. This is the windiest winter we've had in a long time.

Once again the central pane in the greenhouse has blown out. I'll have to think of a better way to attach it.

Windy

Post 23

Gnomon - time to move on

http://m.met.ie/forecast-atlantic-charts.aspx

Windy

Post 24

Baron Grim

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-1.25,57.79,572

smiley - cool

Windy

Post 25

Gnomon - time to move on

That's cool! The storm off Scotland and the storm of New York appear to be the biggest things happening in World Weather at the moment. Both of them are preventing my brother-in-law from flying home to Seattle via New York today.

Windy

Post 26

You can call me TC

That is brilliant! I love the way it is laconically entitled "earth". Are there similar sites for Mars and Venus? I assume it always shows the present situation, based on readings from the weather stations all over the world. Or do the results come from satellites?

The USA seem to be a bit calmer now, although the highest winds appear to be across the Atlantic between the East coast of the US and the West coast of Spain. If you play with it a bit and turn the globe, there seems to be a very strange phenomenon off the coast of Mexico.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Gnomon - time to move on

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more