A Conversation for The Meanings of Usernames

My Turn Now?

Post 261

Confusing Manifestation

Well, as far as nicknames go, here's my list:

Confusing Manifestation (the one I mostly use)
ConMan (a lucky contraction - any hidden Freudian analysis here?)
Grimnir
Quatranoctal
Paradox (A previous popular choice, until I realised how popular it was for everyone else smiley - smiley )

For email addresses, at times I chose some id's that had nothing or little to do with the nicks, so here they are:

qguy
letstalkstrine
abadpun

One, on IRC, someone managed to get a few details just from Paradox, so let's see what happnes when you've got the whole enchilada!

My Turn Now?

Post 262

Confusing Manifestation

And I'll just add that at least one of the nicknames holds some sort of clue to part of my name. Not saying which nick(s), or what part of my name.

Open for Analysing...

Post 263

dappy-but-smart

ok so i guess my name means i think i am dappy but smart...obvious...but what are names suppose to be.... i just could not think of anything else.....maybe i am not so smart after all. Help in desperate need of a name makeover!!!

For Confusing Manifestation

Post 264

Ommigosh

Here's my tuppence worth at ConMan's names (don't let me stop anyone else having a go. And does anyone want to do mine?).

"qguy" tells me you are male (it doesn't mean "queer guy" does it?), and "letstalkstrine" tells me you are Australian, but "paradox" and "ConMan" and "Confusing Manifestation" all hint that, with you, things may not be so straight forward as they seem, so it is hard to be very sure about anything here.
I guess that you love solving problems, puzzles, quizes and mysteries and have a sense of humour which thrives on creating confusion in others.
"Grimnir" probably hints at your real name (Graham, perhaps?).
"abadpun" I think is not so important to you and was possibly made up in a hurry.
"Quatranoctal" is interesting and seems to refer to four nights but what this can mean I don't know. Do you work for four nightshifts in a row?

This is tougher than it looks. Anyone else fancy a go at these?

For kats-eyes cont'd...

Post 265

Ommigosh

kats-eyes, you may really be called Kate or Catherine or some variant thereof and you may be of Irish descent. No?

Analysing for braindead_geordie, aleta, nik, zzib

Post 266

Amon

Ooh, try my names. Malik, Amon, Psycho Dad, Satan's little helper (there's a story behind that one smiley - devil ), Nicely Deranged (translated from Dutch) and last but not least Arioch. That's all the names I could remember right now.

Post 267

Confusing Manifestation

"qguy" tells me you are male (it doesn't mean "queer guy" does it?),
I sure hope not. It's just another strange contraction of Quatranoctal.

and "letstalkstrine" tells me you are Australian, smiley - cool

but "paradox" and "ConMan" and "Confusing Manifestation" all hint that, with you, things may not be so straight forward as they seem, so it is hard to be very sure about anything here.smiley - cool

I guess that you love solving problems, puzzles, quizes and mysteries and have a sense of humour which thrives on creating confusion in others.smiley - cool

"Grimnir" probably hints at your real name (Graham, perhaps?).
No, but amazingly enough, it does hint at my middle initial! I never noticed that!

"abadpun" I think is not so important to you and was possibly made up in a hurry.smiley - silly

"Quatranoctal" is interesting and seems to refer to four nights but what this can mean I don't know. Do you work for four nightshifts in a row?
Not quite. HINT: Originally "Quaternoctal", but didn't like it much.

Post 268

iaoth

Quatranoctal is a reference to the prayer paternoster, perhaps? smiley - smiley

Post 269

Ommigosh

aha! aha! aha!
After further perusal of your names, I see that "Confusing Manifestation" gives the clue to your real name.
I can tell that your real name is Chris and you have a dog called Sammy. Man, I even know your second name.
Still don't know about quatranoctal though. I give up on that one.

Post 270

Confusing Manifestation

Someone's been doing their research. Now, to analys this little bit of information:
Possibility 1: Someone I actually know. Quite possible, since the sort of people I know from certain places would be likely to frequent this sort of place. However, there is one fact there that suggests that you don't know me 100%, which should exclude some sets of people.

Possibility 2: Someone who knows the right places on the web to search. Also possible, since I can't quite remember what information I've made available where. But, somehow, I'm not so sure, especially since Google gave me nothing I didn't already know, Altavista seems to have gotten rid of all the links I know used to be there, and Dogpile was likewise.

Thus I must ask: Who be thee?

Post 271

Ommigosh

Sorry about that, ConMan, but I did a search on AltaVista for "Quatranoctal" and straight away it came up with a letter about a dog called Sammy. I guessed it was from you when I saw that "quatranoctal" was in the sender's e-mail address and your real name (also appearing there) tied in neatly with one of the user names given here. That was cheating, I know. My powers of deduction are obviously not THAT good.
What DOES "quatranoctal" mean, anyway?

How about you (or anyone else) giving "Ommigosh" an analysis, in revenge? I am also Loggy, Wossname, Axe, and any company I started might well be called Fifth Horizon.

Post 272

iaoth

Why not Vertical Horizon? Sounds cool, and it's weird. smiley - smiley

Post 273

Ommigosh

Hmmm........ Vertical Horizon sounds good (dynamic, wierd, cool and unusual).
It certainly encourages you to see things from a new perspective!
Brilliant suggestion! Use it.

But, I think that I will stick with Fifth Horizon all the same, for my own reasons.

Not much to go on...

Post 274

Researcher 168963

'Dastardly, a closet gargoyle'
'Sieve'-this one was quite a while ago
'Hatter'-ditto

Open for Analysing...

Post 275

Nonametraveller

Cool,i would be very interested to see what analysis you came up with for my name,Nonametraveller.It is the only one i have here and the only one i want.I did choose it for specific reasons.I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Noname

Open for Analysing...

Post 276

Researcher 180517

hey there
my nickname usually is either hurl_gurl, devil_doll or aangel_of_death
it would be cool to get those analysed!

also could u analyse "lonlyloser" its my boyfriends nickname..... and HE CONFUSES ME! it might help that he skateboards and snowboards....gets along with his family....and very cute!

thankyouthankyouthankyou ive been looking all over the net for an analysis!
xxx hurl gurl

Do your stuff

Post 277

Mund

Who or what is Mund?

Post 278

Confusing Manifestation

Well, if you're going to Altavista search ... I'd completely forgotten about that. And that explains the knowledge which isn't quite up-to-date, too. And yes, that's me. Both of them. It's a very distinctive nick, while even Confusing Manifestation has a couple of occurrences that aren't even names!

ConMan, with sore hips after sitting on one of those things the Japanese call cushions[1] all day.

[1] Actually, they call them zabuton, but they mean cushion. Not that it does cushion you, just really keeps your backside reasonably warm. And hips very, very sore.

Open for Analysing...

Post 279

Jed the Humanoid -Keeper of things lost down the back of the sofa-also the Chief Mad Drunken Warrior of the Anti Squirrel League

OK..well...
H2G2 I'm Jed the Humanoid
MSN and similar I'm normally Neon Suicide (with screen names like Atoning Unifex)
Yahoo I used to be Neon Suicide, Happy Daiz, Ray Suzuki and other similar ones
On Another.com I was Drygioni (welsh for badness...or possibly Drug badness) and a long list of unrepeatable swear words
smiley - biggrin

For kats-eyes cont'd...

Post 280

kats-eyes (psychically confirmed caffeine addict)

Hi Ommmigosh (oh my god, you assembled a few more m's, if I'm not mistaken),

your analysing is pretty neat smiley - winkeye.

"I am new to this analysing but your names are mostly short and snappy (apart from the UncleDanInc one which is probably just a fun thing or a family joke in some way) so I guess you are young (well below 20 when the names were made up)..."
I rechecked, and jigs really was made up when I was just reaching 20, ages ago (jixter is only the nicer-to-pronounce version, since it came to be a RL nickname...). The other names are not quite that old.

"..., fast, modern, energetic, technophilic."
Well, the last - yes! the rest is very flattering, but one could say that my names are short because I'm to lazy to type long ones... only lots of smiley - coffee get me energetic!

"Jigs and Jixter sound full of energy and mischief,-are you a bit of a practical joker?"
I am a bit of a joke (not a practical joker, though, but unfamous for salaciousness smiley - winkeye ).

"I would have said that you were female if it wasn't for the UncleDan bit."
I am female, not an irish Katherine, though, but was called kat as a nick for ages (the affixed -eyes are for recognition, I can't remember numbers). *AskUncleDanInc.* was the name under which I used to write a sort of consultation column.

"I just love the alterEcho one. You are good with words and maybe good at problem solving." I love it, too smiley - winkeye

"How was that?"
accurate, but VERY flattering smiley - blush, well done! I better try to live up to my names... Have a smiley - cappuccino!
smiley - hug
k-e.

Key: Complain about this post