A Conversation for H.I.P.

Humanitarian Interests Page...Opinions?

Post 1

TheOkapi - Sensitive Scout...So Do It PROPERLY!

http://www.h2g2.com/A441686
It would be nice if it could be included - but not immediately - but I would really value opinions and input...even if it's only to tell me to give up now!!
TheOkapi

Removed

Post 2

Dogster

This post has been removed.

Post 3

Wampus

My gut reaction is to tell you to read the submission guidelines again. But since you're a scout, you must already know what belongs in the Edited guide and what doesn't. If that is true, I am at a loss to explain why you put this page into Peer Review. This thread really should go into somewhere else, like Misc. Chat or something.

Just so you understand me, I don't think this is Edited material. It is not "instructive, informative, or factual." It is, itself, something that an Edited Guide Entry could be written about, but it is not an good Edited entry in and of itself. It doesn't belong in the Edited Guide any more than that "H2G2 Olympics" entry does.

Wampus

Post 4

Dogster,thanks.
The Anti-slavery issues will eventually go up on the Peoples page of the HIP entry, along with a plethora of other information, but getting it all together and written and put up in a form that is both readable and informative will take a little more time. Drop back in about a week or so and you'll see what I mean.
Thanks again for the input.
TheOkapi.

Post 5

Wampus!
My initial thoughts, when I first embarked upon this project, were pretty similar to yours...but upon reflection, I begin to wonder.
The Guidelines state 'instructive, informative and factual' - fine.
Informative? I'd say these were informative, and not just informative by way of my re-hashing information, but giving people the chance to learn from those involved in the various organisations on the page.
Factual? All the information is derived from, or relates to observation and involvement in the topics on the page - we're not talking theories and experimentation here, they are the facts as seen and known...and there will be links to other sites and opinions (such as BPAmoco and their involvement in the Mayan Biosphere) so that both sides can be seen and appreciated. Which, I think, takes care of the instructive element!
And as I say at the very outset of the piece, the idea is to give Researchers a resource if they require it or it can be seen as tool of information and instruction for the curious!
Besides, it's something we all need to be aware of and if it can be found in one place, I'd say that was helpful in itself.
I'd like to be able to involve as many people who are interested as possible, like the Teenage Issues thread and Entry, and update as and when is necessary.
I'd be interested to hear other Scouts and ACES opinions...and there is actually a thread 'Opinions URGENTLY Required' on the Misc. Chat pages!
Thanks for taking the time to read it though, you ol' grump!!!smiley - winkeye
TheOkpai smiley - bigeyes

Thread Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'H.I.P.'.

Back to Entry - this is a Community Page.

Key: Complain about this post