This is the Message Centre for h2g2 Choral Society

Repertoire

Post 1

h2g2 Choral Society

Any proposals???
Please remember to write both composer and composition.

Repertoire

Post 2

Trillian's child

*clears throat*

Given our small number so far and complete lack of sopranos, I would still suggest we attack some songs or Lieder. Could any of the men take over counter-tenor and sing the soprano line?

Bach Cantatas, or some folk song arrangements (as in traditional) or King's Singers type. ??

Repertoire

Post 3

TheOkapi - Sensitive Scout...So Do It PROPERLY!

I say again: Beethoven's Ninth ( but Trillians point is well taken...)
What about some of that lovely, Soul-wrenching stuff that Tallis used to write? Glorious!
TheOkapi

Repertoire

Post 4

Trillian's child

Last year we sung some French love songs from the 15th or 16th centuries - very effective and audience most impressed. I thought the words were sickening, but it was fun singing secular stuff from that time, real dance music like pavans and stuff.

Repertoire

Post 5

Ottox

I'd love to sing any soprano parts smiley - tongueout (Ask my RLchoir!)
But it *might* be better to find some women - there must be someone out there, I'm sure!

I'm quite bad at French (not to mention my English!), but I like to sing it. For 20th century I love singing Poulenc.

Repertoire

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Your repertoire list shows Mahler's 3rd Symphony. The choir part in this is for children's choir. Maybe you should show Mahler's 2nd symphony, which is structured like Beethoven's 9th, and Mahler's 8th, which needs about 750 singers. I have sung this and it is one of the greatest experiences of a singer's life!

Repertoire

Post 7

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

I propose The BEATLES' A Hard Day's Night, Yellow Submarine, She Loves You, All My Loving, Yesterday, and Eleanor Rigby!!!

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!! smiley - smiley

Repertoire

Post 8

Ottox

I've never had such a good - and expensive - sleep as the night *many* years ago, when my parents took me to a concert with Mahlers 8th! smiley - tongueout

It *is* great music!
Thanks for the suggestions, why not join the choir? smiley - winkeye

Repertoire

Post 9

Ottox

Why not Wild Honey Pie or Revolution 9? smiley - bigeyes

Repertoire

Post 10

Not the latter, but certainly the former, and Ottox, darling, if you were asking me to join the choir, I all ready have!!! I even have a link to the Choral Society, I'm so proud... smiley - smiley

Repertoire

Post 11

Ottox

My brain is not that bad (yet), I haven't forgotten how I manipulated you to join! smiley - winkeye
The "why not join the choir" was in my answer to Gnomon.

* wonders: Why will Dragonfly sing with a towel on? *

Repertoire

Post 12

Hahahahhaaa... no, I won't be singing with a towel on, but people who love to sing in the shower might want to join the choir, and we should hope they wear THEIR towels(plus, that whole useful towel while hitch-hiking through the galaxy deal...)....!!! smiley - smiley

Repertoire

Post 13

Ottox

Oh!

Maybe they should sing in the shower, then use their towel, then dress, then come here and sing AGAIN ???? Just a thought. smiley - smiley

Repertoire

Post 14

But when inspiration strikes, you've just got to grab your towel and go(if you don't, you'll start thinking, and that's just dangerous!!!) smiley - tongueout

Repertoire

Post 15

Ottox

I'm looking forward for our next rehearsal! smiley - tongueout

Repertoire

Post 16

Oh behave yourself!!!

Use your dust rag to wipe the drool from your chin!!! smiley - tongueout

Rehearsals are a planned thing... uhhh... aren't they!?? smiley - tongueout

Repertoire

Post 17

Ottox

What is a planned thing? smiley - bigeyes

(Btw. I used hours yesterday, trying to find a picture of my new beloved dust rag, but I couldn't. smiley - sadface)

Repertoire

Post 18

This prolific posting endeavor was... NOT... a planned thing!!! hahhahahahahaahhahaa..... smiley - tongueout

Silly rags are sooo hard to find in pictures.... smiley - sadface It is a shame... but they are camera shy...!!! smiley - smiley

Unless, of course, the rag is in fact a fetching scarf(as I think Vince would say) worn my JANIS JOPLIN!!! It wouldn't be camera shy at all!!! YOU GO, SCARF!!! YEAH!!! smiley - smiley

Repertoire

Post 19

Ottox

Please, no mutated dogs (or whatever it was) in this forum! smiley - bigeyes

Repertoire

Post 20

Hahahhaaa... not dogs. Scarves. Fetching scarves!!! smiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post