This is the Message Centre for h2g2 Choral Society

Post 281

You can call me TC

The Musician's Guild was run by Fragilis who I haven't seen around for ages. The Choral Society is run by Ottox, who should still be in earshot.

Post 282

NPY

well lets hope ottox is listening.

Post 283

h2g2 Choral Society

*listens*

Sorry that I haven't been here for such a long time! smiley - erm

Amy, Cadi, Doikk, Choirmaster, and Not panicing yet, you've all been added to the list of members! smiley - biggrin
Er... so have loosehead and Zarquon's Singing Fish, but I've already mentioned that in other threads! smiley - winkeye

Paul, did you ever sign up for the choir? smiley - huh
You're not correct when you say there's no rehearsals and no concerts, we've had both! smiley - winkeye

smiley - smiley

Post 284

Mediocredane | Keeper of Opposable Thumbs

smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote

What do you think? Please sign me up as a tenor. I guess I'll read in the post "fourth tenor discovered on H2G2"

MDsmiley - dog

Post 285

NPY

s what song are starting off with?

Post 286

Mediocredane | Keeper of Opposable Thumbs

While we wait, maybe warm up with a little Paradise?

Oh daddy won't you take me back to mulenburg county, down by the Green River where Paradise lay....

I'm sorry my son but you're too late in asking; Mr Peabody's coal train has hauled it away.

Or, having read your page, perhaps;
Pray tomorrow takes me higher
Pressure on people, people on streets.

MDsmiley - dog

Post 287

NPY

you mean you haven't chosen a song yet?????
i would suggest something, but I dunno what everyone's taste in music is, so I'll leave that up to you.

Post 288

Mystrunner

Hello. I am a baritone, but I sing bass rather well (or so I'm told). Could I join?

Post 289

phanakapan

sign me up! will sing soprano-1 or 2;currently rehearsing Belshazzars Feast and Dream of Gerontius. Do i have to audition? when are rehearsals?who's the conductor?

Post 290

Galen

i am a tenor 2

how come you have no baritones?

Post 291

Galen

oh yes, and i would love to be part of the choir!

Post 292

Vip

Me too! Can i be a Sop 1? You don't see to have many sopranos! What going on??

Post 293

Haylle (Nyssabird) ? mg to recovery

Here's another soprano...must i first submit an audition?

If accepted into the choir, may I add my vote to singing, at the very least, Cantique de Jean Racine? *has music sitting right here actually*

"Verbe.." Wait..goes to sing, but forgot herself (or rather the omnipresent moderators).

*hums it to herself instead**starts to tear up...loves this song to distraction*

Post 294

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Hi, Nyssabird.

The last time I sang "Cantique de Jean
Racine" (by Gabriel Faure), the accompaniment
was done by a harp. Heavenly! smiley - biggrin

Someone mentioned "Dream of Gerontius"
(by Edward Elgar). It's a hard piece
to get right unless you have a tenor
soloist who's up to the demands of his
part. Actually, you need a first-rate
mezzo-soprano soloist as well.

That song about Mulenburg County is a nice
one. I've heard it a few times, but I'm
always a little foggy about what it really
means. Is it giving an environmental warning
or something? smiley - erm

Post 295

Haylle (Nyssabird) ? mg to recovery

How divine! The only time I sang it was with a non-auditioned university choir (the thing one does for Faure smiley - winkeye), with piano, in ENGLISH.

*wipes arm against mouth aggressively*

How american, eh?

Post 296

Vip

It's like singing 'Richte mich Gott' (Mendelssonn 47, I think, or am I getting confused? Please help...) in English. Starts with unison, then pretty women doing something pretty over the top. Pure Germanic brilliance! Translations are useful, but eveything should be sung as written and intended!

Post 297

Auralyra

Hi!
I'd like to join. I sing second soprano ("middle")in my school madrigal group and concert choir, but I can sing alto at a push.

Post 298

ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

Hi I'd like to sign up as a freak: I can do this; beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep, beep beep be beep beep,

How's that. I'm also a very high soprano & I can go pretty darn low. But I am better at beeps.

Post 299

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

All's been quiet on the choral front. Nice to see we've some tenors signed up, so I don't have to sing tenor.smiley - smiley

Wouldn't it be nice to do something short and sweet at the next h2g2 meet?

Who agrees/disagrees? Any suggestions?

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 300

Vip

Yeah! Who's going to Oxford?

Key: Complain about this post