A Conversation for Musicians Guild Membership Page

Join Here

Post 1101

h2g2 Musicians Guild

I've added you to the membership page now. If you want to display the MuG graphic, the instructions are on the following page: A434648

(SEF)

Join Here

Post 1102

mindchatham

Thanks!!smiley - smiley

MCsmiley - sheep

Join Here

Post 1103

swigglee

Hello. i heard this is a great gReAt GREAT place to be if you love music...like me smiley - biggrin

1.I play guitar, violin, and keyboard. Plus i sing...(not well, though.) I want to play alto sax, and...any other instrument i can get my hands on.
2.My favorite bands: Indigo girls, Joni Mitchell, Ani DiFranco, BOb Dylan, Catherine MacLellan, Cat Stevens, Nick Drake...(most folk)
3.Nothing much that there isn't already...?

I don't mind helping with anything...if i could be of any help.

~E

Join Here

Post 1104

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello swigglee. I've added you to the membership list as well.

I'm not sure there's anything much needing help at the moment, but I suppose there might be an anyone who does. smiley - winkeye You could look through the past few threads to see if people have posted questions which never got answered and to which you know the answer. Or you could join in any of the more recent conversations if they interest you. Or you could even start a conversation thread of your own (ideally on a music topic!).

I had been considering adding a Music News page for people to post about things happening in the world of music - from deaths to new albums, groups splitting and reforming, previously lost music being re-discovered, advances in music technology, concerts being staged etc etc.

(SEF)

Join Here

Post 1105

swigglee

Thanks bunches!

smiley - biggrin

I'll take a look around

~E

Join Here

Post 1106

drguido

Hullo,

I play guitar,

My favourite composer is arguably Frank Zappa (possibly Mike patton)
and favourite band is strapping young lad!! whose name shal forever be preceeded by two exclamation marks...

I'd like a nice cool glass of purple please.

Join Here

Post 1107

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello drguido. I've added you to the membership list now.

However, you may have to provide your own purple. At the moment we only have music bars here rather than drinking ones - despite asking whether it was a feature the membership wanted. But, unlike some establishments, there aren't any rules about not bringing your own food and drink to consume on the premises. Though it might be nice if you didn't drop crumbs or leave stains.

(SEF)

Join Here

Post 1108

drguido

I'll do my best...

Join Here

Post 1109

thorbjarn

Hi. I play keyboards and 303-type sequencers, and I also write and record (as 'Hitchcock Dances'). I'm fond of Ravel and Debussy, and some other composers. I like industrial style electronic music and lots of other stuff. Conversation with other members of the Guild would be good.

Best wishes,

Thorbjarn

Join Here

Post 1110

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello Thorbjarn. I've added you to the membership list. However, since things are somewhat slow on the main MuG pages at the moment, you may have to go looking for active members individually in order to have a conversation with them. Not many current people are even signed up to the guild's journal (ie as friends).

(SEF)

Join Here

Post 1111

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

hello, i sink and am learning to play guitar. I have always liked music. I have sung since i was about three or four and i have also been known to play keyboards.

do i have to pick a favourite composer? and do i get a badge to put on my page?

minismiley - mouse

Join Here

Post 1112

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello, minichessemouse.

The MuG probably can't help you with your swimming problem smiley - winkeye unless you can obtain a light waterproof drum as a flotation aid or have an acoustic guitar and keep that carefully hole-upwards in the water.

You don't need to have a favourite composer. I've already added you to the membership list on A438068 (and that doesn't currently include such details).

As one of the older h2g2 societies, the guild only has the larger size of graphic as a badge, not one of the newer sets of assorted banner and badge sizes. You can put the MuG graphic onto your user-page if you want though. Instructions for doing so are on the A434648 page.

(SEF)

Join Here

Post 1113

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

it was meant to be "sing", but obviously my spelling had gone away on holiday. smiley - winkeye

i will add the graphic later when i am using my own computer.

minismiley - mouse

Join Here

Post 1114

AlsoRan80

Hi my friends,

I believe I wanted to join aeons ago, but forgot about it. !1

Herewith necessary detials.

1. Used to play the piano and the 'Cello

2. favourtie composer is Claude Debusssy

3. I do love orchestral classical music. I also love first class jazz and was fortunate enough to hear the quintet of the Hot club of France playing way back when.

Sadly I have begun to experience serious memory loss, but I hope that you will let me join - somehow I shall be able to remember the names again. !!

With all good wishes for 2009

Christiane
AlsoRan80

Join Here

Post 1115

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello Christiane.

I've added you to the membership list.

(SEF)

Join Here

Post 1116

AlsoRan80

Thank you so much

Marches out to
Allong enfants de la patrie........All good wishes for 2009 and much happy wonderful sublime music!

Chhristiane
a;spRan80
31st December 2008

Join Here

Post 1117

AlsoRan80

Sorry

allons enfants de la patirie....
CME
AR80

Join Here

Post 1118

Yvonne aka india

I don't play, but I sing, member of RGU:Singers, my uni's music group.
Like SKA, as well as come clasical stuff. My OH is trying to get me into Muddy Waters.

Wants? just company and sharing stuff.

Join Here

Post 1119

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Hello Yvonne. I've added you to the membership page now.

How much MuG company you get will be somewhat variable though. The guild does tend to go through significant quiet patches (or should that be long tacet movements!) in between the flurries of activity.

(SEF)

Join Here

Post 1120

AlsoRan80

Hi friends,

Can anyone tell me how I can hear classical concerts on my TV? I have got a new model, and the hand control is mislaid. I used to be able to hear the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, the London Symphony Orchestra and even the Vienna State Opera Orchestra. Now, for the life of me I cannot find what channel to put into my geismo!! in.

Manuy thanks if you can help.

Christiane.
AlsoRan79

Key: Complain about this post