A Conversation for Tea House Hike, Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

A slight catastrophe

Post 1

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Dear editors, a crisis. As the sub, overnight I received the missive posted below from the tea-house yarns author. Could you alter the article so it is accurate please. http://www.h2g2.com/A437474

Grahame

You're the sub-ed who reviewed my article on the Tea-House Hike, Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada. Hi there.

Umm, it has come to my attention that I have made a blatant factual error. It seems that there are two tea houses on the mountain, but the one visible from the lake is not the one whose hike I described! I described a hike to the Plane Of Six Glaciers tea house, while the visible house is the Lake Agnes tea house. I've corrected this on my entry, and if possible, could you see about patching up the edited article?

Real sorry I made such a dumb mistake.

JyZude.

This is the researchers new wording.

Standing at the foot of Lake Louise, if you scout the area with a good pair of binoculars, you may see a small wooden building with a red roof to the right of the lake, very high above. This is one of the fabled mountain 'Tea Houses'. The only ways to reach them are by foot, horseback, or helicopter.

There are two tea houses on the mountain. The Lake Agnes tea house is the red roofed one, and The Plane Of Six Glaciers tea house, which is the one described in this entry.

A slight catastrophe

Post 2

JyZude

I really do feel dumb about this. Sorry, guys.

JyZude.

A slight catastrophe

Post 3

Sam

Don't feel dumb, dumb buster's come
What once was dumb has been undone

Oh God...

Samsmiley - smiley

A slight catastrophe

Post 4

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Sam, you've done it again. Nice play.

The Lake Agnes Tea House

Post 5

Spacial Alluriuum

I actually went on that hike once. Except we took the advanced route (aka the longest possible route) and ended up doing 14 kilometers. The sight of Lake Agnes all of a sudden was a welcome one.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tea House Hike, Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more