A Conversation for Mojave Phone Booth

Flea Market: A437050 - Mojave Phone Booth

Post 1

Lutherdammit

Interesting little piece about the world-renowned Mojave Phone Booth. Have a look-see.

http://www.h2g2.com/A437050 - Mojave Phone Booth

Post 2

Global Village Idiot

Hi Lutherdammit,

Interesting piece.
First comment: I'd advise you to use GuideML rather than html - the latter won't survive Editing. Don't define your own fonts... and you forgot to close your tag which is a sin in the eyes of the Guide parser.

But moving on to content:
I'm a little unclear about the motivation behind this. You imply that Godfrey Daniels started this craze, but then you say he travelled from Arizona to see it. Why, if it wasn't already famous?
Secondly, I've been to Mojave a couple of times and it's really not that remote. Heck, you can drive there and back in a day from LA.

I guess from what you've said that the booth was in the National Park. Was it really not near a road or anything? Was it inaccesible by 4x4 vehicle? I get the feeling I'd need more information before I swallowed this tale.

Oh, and you're not supposed to use the first person, even to describe the act of researching an entry. Try "Your correspondent..", for "I" - you might get away with that smiley - winkeye.

But it is (or was), as you say, an intriguing thing...

GVI

http://www.h2g2.com/A437050 - Mojave Phone Booth

Post 3

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This entry has been moved to the Writing Workshop. You can find out why by reading the page http://www.h2g2.com/Writing-Workshop

Conversation Moved

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the new 'Flea Market' Forum.

This is where we move any Peer Review, Writing Workshop or Alternative Writing Workshop Conversations where the original author has *not* posted to h2g2 for three months. This prevents the active Review Forums from clogging up with dormant entries, but in the Flea Market they can be picked up by others and polished off.

Conversation Moved

Post 5

U168592

smiley - book

Conversation Moved

Post 6

Milos

Hey Matt smiley - smiley

I remembered seeing this a couple of years ago and made a note to get back to it someday. Someday ended up being today, and now I see you've bookmarked it. I was wondering if you hadn't done any research on it yet if you would mind if I snagged it? Please?

Conversation Moved

Post 7

Milos

I hope you didn't mind, because in a moment of boredom I went ahead and wrote it up. If you have anything to add or change, let me know and I'm happy to share credit.
A12894997

Conversation Moved

Post 8

U168592

Looks fan-bleedin-tastic to me. I've been off-line elsewhere and have enough going on as is. Glad to see such a great subject dragged out of the flea market and written up so well smiley - ok

Conversation Moved

Post 9

U168592

And is now on its way to the EG smiley - applause

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more