A Conversation for The Royal h2g2 Procrastinators Society

The Palace Flophouse and Grill

Post 1

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Although we've been here for some time, we've only just gotten around to actually opening the place in any official way. Pull up a chair and procrastinate smiley - smiley

Post 2

Acolyte Mathnerd, Seraph of General Evilness and Black Trenchcoats(court devil of the Kindom of Balwyniti, Muse and Keeper)

random someone announces: "court devil and a battered armchair"

::enter with battered armchair and tin of hamster pretzels::

ahhh, nice to sit and relax instead of doing my laundry and reviewing some maths. smiley - smiley

Post 3

ox

*drags long sofa filled with pillows, television, VCR, remote, goes back for portable bar, oriental rug and art deco floor lamp*
Hi, everyone...I just wanted to get cozy while I put off work.

Post 4

Acolyte Mathnerd, Seraph of General Evilness and Black Trenchcoats(court devil of the Kindom of Balwyniti, Muse and Keeper)

hullo....
::eyes bar::
does that bar provide smiley - stiffdrinks?

Post 5

As long as you're a member (and you are), it provides any drink your heart desires, free of charge smiley - biggrin
That's a very cosy little corner you've staked out there ox smiley - smiley

Post 6

ox

Yep, Gosho...plenty of relaxation space for the holidays! The bar is full and we need no designated driver to see us home if we drink too much. And I'll be watching (URL removed by moderator)

Post 7

Wayfarer -MadForumArtist, Keeper of bad puns, Greeblet with Goo beret, Tangential One

*floats in* (at the Chrimbo party i got some inflatable chairs and filled one with helium. if anyone else wants one you can go to (URL removed by moderator)

Post 8

King Cthulhu of Balwyniti

Just popping by to say howdy doody everyone...I'll put a link to this place in Balwyniti...eventually...smiley - tongueout

Post 9

I must say, it's very nice to finally have the place open and too see procrastinators settling in for the duration. Help yourself to everything. How's the fast coming along ox? I hope you'll be able to enjoy something as tasty as some smiley - xmaspud, or at least some tasty vegetables. I did that one year - no turkey, just the trimmings. Mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce, sage and onion stuffing, bread sauce.... did I forget anything? Oh yeah, gravy. There might have been some carrots too. I really didn't miss the meat at all. But then I went and spoiled any health benefits by having a huge piece of smiley - xmaspud with lashings of cream. I had several glasses of red though, and they do say that it's good for you smiley - drunk

Post 10

Mmmmm, ::enjoys smiley - stiffdrink::

it's so good to get away from maths and christmas preperations. thank goodness i got my s wrapped and all, but still.... smiley - yawn ::pulls a footstool out of nowhere::
::puts feet up::

you know, i think i'll nod off for a minute or two, wake me if any interesting philosophical discussion start, 'k? smiley - sleepy

Post 11

Ottox

* arrives with sofa and smiley - xmastree *

Merry Christmas everyone! smiley - smiley

......smiley - star
......./\.
......//\\.
.....///\\\.
....////\\\\.
.../////\\\\\.
..//////\\\\\\.
.//////|||\\\\\\.

Post 12

King Cthulhu of Balwyniti

Hyvää Joulua! smiley - smiley

Post 13

ox

Ah..the cozy festive atmosphere! No fasting for at least a few days. I've got our usual Cuban-American fare in the works now. Roast pork...back to herbs next week!

Post 14

mmmm so good to get away from christmas celebrations everywhere else. i'll have to get _really_ smiley - drunk to deal with it all smiley - tongueout
::has another smiley - stiffdrink::
::curls up in chair::

Post 15

ox

Here's a pillow, Acolyte M, might as well get cozy. Ottox, that's a beautiful tree!smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrink

Ah...

Post 16

oh! thank you very much ox.
smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrink

there, that should keep my mind from dwelling on the little smiley - gift session the family just had. lots of fun, yay family! must forget, must forget, must forget......

Post 17

::flies into the air, hovers by the door, downing smiley - stiffdrinks::
::gets drunk, passes out, falls to the ground::
THUD

Post 18

Hahaha. That's very funny Mathnerd, but could you do it again please, I didn't have the camcorder running smiley - winkeye (could we have a camcorder please Mad Forum Artist?).
I've managed to avoid all the family stuff this year ( Oh dear, how sad, never mind</sarcasm&gtsmiley - winkeye because I'll be working from 8.30am until 5pm, but I don't mind doing it at all because of a)the time and a half I'll be getting, and the bottle of single malt Scotch I'm taking in today smiley - tongueoutsmiley - stiffdrinksmiley - drunksmiley - oksmiley - biggrin

Post 19

ox

I'm avoiding as much human contact as possible today, myself. Indulging in holiday eating has caused a resurgence of food allergies so I'm in a real Humbug mood. Nothing a smiley - stiffdrink and watching a video here won't cure.

Post 20

wizard

Hello fellow procrastinators, if there are any present.

Gledelig jul alle sammen.

I've been meaning to come around for some time, but I haven't met a computer lately. I'm out hitch-hiking, made it home for xmas. There's nothing but Richard Gere as king David and a funny guy with a moustache called Kevin dancing with mongrels made up as wolves, on the tube. My parents and my son, the coolest kid in the Universe, are sleeping.

Nice little place you've got here. I don't want to seem a beserweiser, but where's the Bar? You did nick the name from Steinbeck, didn't you? I think so. And I seem to remember that the full name of the Palace Flophouse had a Bar in it.

But I'm not sure. Have to look it up. Some time. Right now I'm happy just to hang around here and enjoy a break from all the socializing.

In case I nod off, let me wish you a happy new year right away.

*Nods off*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more