A Conversation for The Royal h2g2 Procrastinators Society

I want to join (when you get around to it)!

Post 161

Ottox

* Instead of doing some important postings, I'll reply to this *
I'm the one saying thanks! smiley - smiley

Post 162

ox

*a fellow procratinator, still groggy from extensive dental work, catches up on backlog and wonders what bathing in an illegal substance would be like*

Post 163

Jenny and Fred the cheese

it's got to be more original than baked beans anyway

Post 164

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish(Deceased)

what if the baked beans were illeglly imported?

Post 165

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish(Deceased)

what if the baked beans were illeglly imported?

Post 166

ox

Hmmm...smuggled beans. Bandito beans. Sounds like a dish with melted cheese and taco chips. Salsa, anyone?

Post 167

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Anyone think that there's an opening in the market here? This time next year, we could all be millionaires... except that we'll all prolly put it off for too long and someone else will get in there first smiley - winkeye

Post 168

ox

*crunch munch*
Yep, these beans are tasty!

*an ox procrastinates by enjoying a virtual snack*

*sigh*

Post 169

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

*Briefly wishes he could put off tommorow's midterm until a point in which he could do it better (like say, 3-4 years from now), but doesn't think the prof will like the idea.*

Post 170

King Cthulhu of Balwyniti

Professors can be picky like that....smiley - winkeye...damn them....smiley - tongueout

Removed

Post 171

This post has been removed.

Post 172

Alien

Good for you! smiley - smiley

Post 173

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

I'm compulsively reloading my h2g2 page to see if anybody has posted in the last few minutes. How's that for procrastination?

Post 174

You too huh? smiley - smiley

Post 175

Alien

*whistles innocently*

Post 176

I'm sorry your Queen, I didn't see your post there above BE Dan's. Nice to see you here, and nice to see you and the King consistently topping the 'Most Prolific Posters' list on the h2g2 Info Page. I'm scared to think how much stuff you must be putting of to spend all that time posting. Well done smiley - smiley.
I must say that this afternoon, something happened which put all notions of procrastination out of my head. I was procrastinating at the time as a matter of fact - spending some time here, and watching the local weather (when I should have been reading my book) when I heard a screeching noise coming from the tv. "This isn't when they usually test the severe weather alarm" I thought, and moments later there was an announcement to the effect that a tornado had been sighted about 40 miles south of here, and it was headed this way. I can't remember the last time I felt as worried as I did for about 45 minutes until the storm passed - no storm cellar here you see. Thankfully there was no tornado, just a very much awfully too many big huge thunderstorm. Honestly, I thought that the host of Midian (sp?) was marching up I-35 from San Marcos, and what a lightning display! When Mother Nature blows off some steam, you'd better not do any procrastinating!!!

Post 177

Just putting off study, nothing important...smiley - tongueout
You seem to live in an area prone to having "interesting" weather....why no storm shelter? Important procrastination to be done?

Post 178

I live in a small apartment complex - I guess the people who built it didn't think it would be worth the expense of putting in a storm cellar (no profit in it you see). 80-odd years down the line, and people still have that Titanic "lifeboats only for the important passengers" mentality. Hell, I'm in America now - if I get killed I'll sue the property company up the wazoo smiley - smiley. You have pretty ghastly weather around this time of the year too don't you Cthulhu?

Post 179

Oh, of course, one of the great benefits of capitilism, that's why I like Kingdoms.....smiley - winkeye......we can have some ordinary weather, but we don't get tornadoes or anything that drastic down this far, so I can enjoy any storms we get without fearing for my life......and so long as it isn't too cold, I like the rain anyway.....smiley - smiley

Post 180

Ah, the principle of the benevolent dictator - someone who knows what's best for the majority, and through their charisma manages to get the grudging support of the minority. Kind of like Fidel Castro but without the intolerance of opposition. It's a system I've always believed in and wanted to live under because of the long term view it encompasses - there's no ping-ponging between left and right, there's continuity. When businesses are run that way everybody praises the patrician boss, but very few seem to be quite so keen to have someone like that running their country, apart from a few times in history - FDR springs to mind, but he didn't really have absolute power. Can you think of anyone (apart from yourself and the Queen of course smiley - winkeye)?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more