A Conversation for Cribbage - the Card Game

More Scoring Tips

Post 1

ref4life

1. It would be good to note that flushes in the crib only count if the "starter" card is the same suit and then 5 points are scored.

2. Also remember that if the Jack of any suit is turned up as a "starter" card, the dealer gets to score 2 points immediately.

3. And if the person scoring his/her hand does not count and subsequently peg all the points, the other player may opt to take those points him/herself and score them.

More Scoring Tips

Post 2

jqr

I was going to mention all three of these points myself. Can we get an editor to come in and revise the (otherwise extremely helpful and informative) article slightly?

More Scoring Tips

Post 3

Icky

One more thing - the jack is only worth 1 point when showing, not 2.

More Scoring Tips

Post 4

Moadib

...and when claiming this point the phrase, "and one for his nob" is used.

Also, of course, if you have a hand that scores no points at all it is called "nineteens".

smiley - smiley Mo

More Scoring Tips

Post 5

LadyB - Muse of STATUS QUO and Road Crews, Keeper of All Things RHINO Related

I thought it was 'Two for his heels' if it was a Jack???
LadyB

More Scoring Tips

Post 6

Bagpuss

I think dealer scores for his heels if a jack is turned up. Any hand with a jack of the same suit as the turned up card scores for his nob.

More Scoring Tips

Post 7

LadyB - Muse of STATUS QUO and Road Crews, Keeper of All Things RHINO Related

Aha! smiley - smiley
LadyB

Re - More Scoring Tips

Post 8

Researcher 208601

A Flush in your hand is scored 1pt for each card if they are the same suit, in the Box the turn up must also be the same suit to score a flush. does help if everyone plays by the rules instead of thinking they know them

Key: Complain about this post