A Conversation for The Divine Comedy - the Band

re: Opinionated and too sketchy!

Post 21

Marlowe

My humblist apologies Necro. I've just had a look at your original version, and I totally accept your point. It's a far better and more imformative article than the edited version. I'm new to h2g2, so I didn't know how to get to the original article (or even that such a thing existed), otherwise I'd have read it a long time ago. I do still feel that the article is a written a little too much from a fan's perspective, and not from a critic's perspective, but who can blame you for that? It's really hard to find anything bad to say about The Divine Comedy (except the live version of Neptune's Daughter, which is just awful).
Anyway, sorry if it seemed that we were all shooting you down in flames - I for one didn't intend that to happen; I just welcomed the oportunity to discuss one of my favorite bands.
No hard feelings, mate. See you around,

Marlowe

re: Opinionated and too sketchy!

Post 22

Necro (Patron Daemon of Patron Saints)

That's fair enough, Marlowe. Besides, I take the point that a discography is a very good idea, and one that I am taking into account and changing tomorrow when I edit the original. I really can't believe that I left it out to start with...

Enjoy H2G2,

Necrsmiley - doctor

Opinionated and too sketchy!

Post 23

elmsyrup

I agree, National Express is a fairly unpleasant song, and one of Neil's worst. If you want to say he's a great lyricist, this was a bad example to give. Anyway, it's all change now, the members have all left. Or been sacked. Wonder what his stuff will sound like now?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more