A Conversation for God

God

Post 41

Vestboy

Linking Moon with a Commie attack I heard this story and wonder if anyone can ascertain its truthfulness or not.

When the Americans set up their early warning devices for nuclear attack from space they got to the point when the whole thing was to be turned on and tested.
They pulled the switch or pressed the button and one of the first things that happened was that the alarm sounded indicating "heavy incoming." At this stage all bugs should have been ironed out and people began to panic. Sure enough the screen indicated that there was the biggest mass of stuff coming over the horizon and there was nothing they could do.

Then someone noticed that it was the moon rising.

God

Post 42

Merkin

Sounds eminently plausible, given America's usual level of military 'Intelligence'.

I couldn't follow what Some Guy was on about, but to allay his fears concerning the Red Peril, Luna, Terra and Sol are all Latin, a terribly useful language spoken by the Romans (since deceased).

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione, as they'd say in Rome.

God

Post 43

Some Guy

Omnia Romae venalia sunt
Everything in Rome is for sale.
Romulus and Remus probably were low on cash so they sold of some words to the Russians. By the way, this is top secret KGB information so don't tell anyone but there were dozens of nuclear missiles launched but they accidentally crashed into the moon. Whoopsy! Rumor has it that Russian intelligence thought the moon was made of very soft cheese and the missile would go through and use the moon so to make them less visible. That's just rumor of course, although Maksim Mikalayavich loked very frightened when the media asked him about it.

God

Post 44

Vestboy

Anyone seen Clockwork Orange? A lot of Russian slang is used in that. I like the Russian word for "good" - "horrorshow". It pre-empts Michael Jackson using "bad" or "wicked" for good.
Did you know that there was a chapter in the early versions of the book which comes after the ending of the film. the chapter was removed in later versions.
The book now has the same ending as the film.

God

Post 45

Some Guy

Actually never seen it. It's a classic so I probably never will. I would much rather watch Wild Wild West or Laundromat Lust.
By the way, it's horosho, kazeol. Perfect is pricrasno.
Interesting thing is that gays/homosexuals are called galuboy which also means blue. smiley - smiley
That only aplies to men though.

God

Post 46

Jennifer Kell

God. When god created the earth he made a mistake, this mistake ran amuck about the planet and caused lots of problems for all the other life forms there, God wasnt really pleased with what happened, so he gathered up some energy, a few sticks from a pine forest and a cat named alfred, and created another mistake to stop the first one. This second mistake ran into the first one eventually after much mucking about and running into trees repeatedly. They eventually fell in love and created multiple mistakes which soon flooded the earth, and whom declared themselves rulers. God looked down upon what had happend and decided to cut his losses and disappear before he caused anymore problems, so he left the mistakes alone to contemplate thier existance. The mistakes soon evolved and learned to communicate and use tools, As time passed the earth became more and more frustrated with these mistakes who ate all her animals and excreted in her lakes. So one day after some kid dug up a flower and peeled voff its pedals to torture it...earth decided to fight back and caused a major volanic eruption which ended the child instantly, along with 3/4 of the other mistakes covering the surface. These mistakes grew angry at the planet and decided to abuse her in revenge for killing thier fellow mistakes, in time the mistakes forgot why the reason for killing off the planet, but they continuted to abuse it anyway. These mistakes eventually called themselves Human's, and decided that they could now live hapilly by consuming candy and playing on an internet all day.

God

Post 47

SilverCopper

If we let go of the idea of God as entity, the bible God an old man sitting on a cloud regulating things and pestering humans then we could look at another option. God doesn't have to be a factor outside of the universe, but could be the very innerworkings of the universe, the selfregulating factor itself. So the dying of old stars and the arrising of new stars, that proces, could be God. If we call the proces God, then *poof* the problem solved. But off coarse this broad redefintion would just be renaming the cycle of life, which is something not very religious, or is it?

SilverCopper

God

Post 48

SilverCopper

By the way if anyone is intrested what the hell I'm talking about read the last post on the first page, I got the last post of the conversation wrong smiley - erm.

SilverCopper

God

Post 49

Vestboy

"We all make mistakes!"
I like the idea of looking at everything and seeing if God fits. God is Love is a common phrase in churches and I like that idea, too. The positive "stuff" that goes on without malice or selfishness that enables things to be built and cherished.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more