A Conversation for On the subject of enjoying a cigarette

A427628 - On the subject of enjoying a cigarette

Post 21

Ormondroyd

smiley - flustered Er... If we can get back to the Guide Entry... smiley - winkeye

I like it, even though I'm an ex-smoker (who absolutely does NOT preach at those who still smoke). However, I am not convinced that it's right for the Edited Guide. I think it is too polemical for that - i.e. it powerfully expresses a point of view, rather than presenting facts.

Also, there is already an Edited Guide Entry on cigarettes - http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A245008 - which has provoked some of the most bitter arguments ever within h2g2. Great debate raged over whether it was too pro- or anti-smoking, and that debate eventually led to the Entry being revised, to make it less "anti".

May I suggest, however, that this Entry might make a fine, provocative feature for the "h2g2 Post"? Shazz, the Editor, is an unrepentant smoker who'd be sure to sympathise!

Just one more constructive criticism: surely the first four words of the title are superfluous? Why not just "Enjoying A Cigarette"?

Post 22

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

Quite right Ormondroyd. smiley - biggrin I think I started this actually so I'd better be a good little scout and admit this is highly unlikely to be edited. I think submitting it to the Post is a pretty good idea. It certainly does draw conversation. I must say I enjoyed the conversations.

smiley - hug for the author

Post 23

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

Ahh Wonko me luv, I've just decided to be good and discontinue this conversation here. You and me - friends smiley - smiley? Come meet with me on my page and we can continue the conversation. evilsmiley - biggrin

Post 24

Inter

So how do I submit it for the Post? smiley - smiley

Post 25

Don't know the URL offhand but if you go to the front page there should be a link to it somewhere.

smiley - smiley Good luck and keep writing. smiley - hug

Post 26

Ormondroyd

If you take a look here, at the Post Office - http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/U54963 - everything about writing for the Post is explained. Tnere's an e-mail link so you can contact Shazz the editor directly. smiley - smiley

Post 27

Dancer (put your advert here)

As I see it, this isn't going to be a Guide Entry, so I guess the thread should move to the entry.

Any seconders? What do you say Inter?

Peace
smiley - hsif
Dancer

Post 28

Ormondroyd

Seconded. smiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 29

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'On the subject of enjoying a cigarette'.

Hi folks,

This thread has been moved back to the Entry, as it is not suitable for the Edited Guide in its current form.

Key: Complain about this post