Post 1

Glider

Toilet grafitto, Plymouth, 1982

"Skinheads have more hair than brains"

Skinheads

Post 2

Steffi

aye, correct!!!
We all know that- even if it is not true in every case- skinheads are looked at as fascists, and most of them are. So I really can't understand why anyone who is not in that "political corner" should shave his head and dress up like they do??!! All I can say is that when I see a skinhead coming towards me, I cross the road.

Removed

Post 3

Researcher 193862

This post has been removed.

Skinheads

Post 4

Researcher 200062

I'm afraid it's the other way around. In 1969 BBC screened a docu in the Man Alive series, featuring white and black skinheads hanging around youth clubs and dancing to the sounds of Reggae. Same goes for the film Reggae, recorded at the Wembley festival of 1969. Only in the early 80s, with the post-punk OI! music the skinhead word was associated with nazism. So strictly speaking the nazis took -or tried- to take over the term skinhead, when they don't even look like one.

Skinheads

Post 5

manda1111

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if
Researcher 200062
would go back to there own page and then click on the "EDIT PAGE" button and then write a little something about your self then a ACE can come and welcome you there properly
Sorry for interrupting your conversation smiley - ok

Manda smiley - magic

Skinheads

Post 6

uthbelfast

where can i find info on this man alive doc you talk abouut

Skinheads

Post 7

skin-phil

what!!!
All skinheads are looked at as Fascists, not at all.
Where do you get your info from?
skinheads go back to 1969 and even before then, have always listened to Reggae music, northern soul, even motown.

what you are talkin about is, the NF who try to take the skinhead look and use it,

skinheads dont turn NF, the NF turned skinhead, now thats a big difference.

Im a skinhead and have been for many years, it`s a style and thats all, taken from the rude boy look of the 1960s

Skinheads

Post 8

skinheadawayoflife

Its such a silly statement about the skinhead with no brains etc & also the racist one,we have heard this type of thing for so long but the people who have commented today obviously dont really know the history or havent even tryed to research it either,i regard these comments as just throw away remarks really,i just wish they would actually read up on skinheads before they spout of really because thats what the media have done for years,bad mouth a culture what has nothing to do with politics at all,it was about the music,clothes and a way of life.The nazi rubbish has tarnished the cult& its a shame as its not Really anything to do with this Seigh heiling rubbish at all.For a complete history on skinheads why not visit my website then please write about skinheads but with your own views instead of media propaganda or hear say.heres the site at [Unsuitable/Broken URL removed by Moderator]
for everything that is skinhead ska and OI!smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more