A Conversation for Female Masturbation

poop on the censors

Post 1

Deidzoeb

I was really, really hoping to read this entry and find out how this is done, just in case I ever turn female.

poop on the censors

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

smiley - winkeye

poop on the censors

Post 3

Pastey

I have read the article. It's good. I liked it. I also have no idea why it's down for moderation smiley - sadface

smiley - rose

poop on the censors

Post 4

Deidzoeb

I imagine this guide entry was removed for the same reason the U.S. surgeon general Joycelyn Elders got canned. For admitting that hair won't grow on your palms, you won't go blind, your genitals won't shrivel up, etc. My respect for the people who made the rules to remove posts like this have earned as much respect as Clinton did when he fired Elders. (Less than none)

poop on the censors

Post 5

To clarify, this entry isn't removed permanently. It needs to be looked at by one of h2g2's Italics. I noticed this when I returned to h2g2, and I remember telling Joanne I would report it in a couple weeks -- after things settled down a bit.

I'll go ahead and do that today. I don't know if we'll ever know what the issue was -- adult topics, links to external articles, or what have you. But perhaps it will be reinstated soon. I'll post any updates here.

poop on the censors

Post 6

soeasilyamused, or sea

hmmph. it's not much good to have a link to this article in your introduction when the article's hidden. it loses a LOT of the shock value. "ohmygolly, why on EARTH did she link to THAT?!"

besides, you can look it up in the dictionary. it's not offensive.

poop on the censors

Post 7

I do have an update on this. Peta got back to me, and said the 'Female Masturbation' is in limbo along with 'Male Masturbation' and 'Cunnilingus.' (These are all previous Edited Guide entries.)

BBC Online personnel have been asked to make a special decision on the three adult topic entries, as a sort of test case. Peta had no idea when a decision will be made, since it is basically out of h2g2's hands.

poop on the censors

Post 8

WazNeeni

My own entries have been 'hit,' too. I didn't know 'b******s' was profane. Anyway, I guess the verict on whether or not the decision to put H2G2 under BBC Online's control is still being debated.

poop on the censors

Post 9

soeasilyamused, or sea

hmmph. it's all in the encyclopedia!

poop on the censors

Post 10

WazNeeni

What I said didn't sound right...

I meant to say, the verdict of whether or not the decision to put H2G2 under BBC Online control WAS A GOOD ONE is still being decided.

poop on the censors

Post 11

soeasilyamused, or sea

20/20 hindsight, as they say....

poop on the censors

Post 12

gordo

Control? Control?

stupid auntie

Post 13

Christopher W

My God, the Beeb are being over-protective.

WAKE UP - it's a free, country, and people are entitled to say what they want to. If you're offended by various things that people say, just turn a blind eye and look away/close the page.

Simple.

Don't deprive others of their entertainment :D, just to seek personal gratification by removing a post that doesn't appeal to yourself only.

ChrisW

poop on the censors

Post 14

Martin Harper

Fragilis - if this entry is 'in limbo', it should be marked Pending, not Hidden. Perhaps you should get this fixed?

poop on the censors

Post 15

I've asked for an update at the Moderation Help Desk. I've also mentioned the seemingly erroneous message. When I hear back, I'll leave another note here.

poop on the censors

Post 16

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

the message has been changed!

smiley - smiley
Mikey

poop on the censors

Post 17

brewseey

its after 9pm, why cant i read this. mind you, the hidenness of this link is probly more intigueing than the original article ever was.

poop on the censors

Post 18

Shaitan (Father of all Vampires, 1st Lord of the Wamphyri)

in my opinion, the censors are making it sound like there is something worng about this, that it is unnatural

poop on the censors

Post 19

h2g2 Musicians Guild

I agree, Shaitan. Ironically, the original entry included a section about censorship. On and off in history, this has been one of those topics that people dare not discuss.

poop on the censors

Post 20

Deidzoeb

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but we've named our new(ish) car "Jocelyn," because we were warned that Chevy Metros had a problem with "jostlin" too much, and partially in tribute to the Surgeon General who was fired by our lying former pres because she told the truth. Jocelyn Elders, a martyr to the cause of masturbation!

Key: Complain about this post