This is the Message Centre for a girl called Ben

Marching for Peace...

Post 1

a girl called Ben

I have written about the London march for Peace yesterday. Here is the entry, A969032 which I have put into AWW.

B

Marching for Peace...

Post 2

BobTheFarmer

Hey, I was there too! It was great to be part of something important. It really hit home to me the importance of what we were doing when on the coach an aid worker told us what an Iraqi had said to her : 'We can stand the bombs, but we cant stand the screams of our children.' That moved me almost to tears.

As for the amount of people, the 750,000 figure is for the official march route, they believe at least the same amount again went to Hyde Park.

But it was great, we have to hope that Blair will listen to us...

Marching for Peace...

Post 3

a girl called Ben

I was wondering who else I knew was there. Good to know you were.

smiley - hug

B

Marching for Peace...

Post 4

Peregrine, 22nd Duke of Earl ~ What would Magnum P.I. do ? ~

Hi Ben,

This is a great description of what went on on Saturday. I didn't know about the McMurdo Sound demo - that is very touching and I hope there are some photos of that. I wasn't able to go I'm afraid, but my thoughts were with you all, and with all people who seek a peaceful resolution to this horrible problem.

smiley - peacesign

Perry.

P.S. I smote the Mole of Woe on Saturday night - have put the whole caboodle on AWW.

Marching for Peace...

Post 5

a girl called Ben

I saw someone had put something of that interesting title in AWW - I will check it out.

B

Marching for Peace...

Post 6

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

For any number of reasons I wasn't there, but just for a small moment, watching it on the news-at-whatever-stuopid-time-it's-on-these-days, I was actually proud to be part of this damn silly country.

So I guess I owe a thank you to those of you who were there and did it. Have an smiley - ale on me.smiley - cheers

smiley - shark

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for a girl called Ben

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more