A Conversation for How to Get Rid of Red Wine Stains

Salt works alone

Post 1

Donna

As a lowly student, I cannot afford to pour good money after bad, so to speak, and have found that salt alone will remove red wine from virtually anywhere, even when applied hours after the initial crime!

Salt works alone

Post 2

hagbard

Do you mean it still helps after the wine has dried? Or do you first pour water on the stain?

Salt works alone

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

Kettu? Are you Finnish?

And I can confirm that salt alone will make the stain disappear. I've only tried it on a fresh stain on my blouse, still wet, and a LOT of salt - and the stain disappeared COMPLETELY! Not a trace of it...

Salt works alone

Post 4

Donna

You've got it! Dampen the stain down again and then add the salt.-

Salt works alone

Post 5

hagbard

Hi Titania, I'm half Finnish. 'Kettu' is one way for Finns to deal with my not-Finnish-therefore-unpronouncable surname.

Salt works alone

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi Kettu!smiley - smiley

So what's your other half?

Both my parents are from Finland, but I was born and grew up in Sweden. Makes me feel confused at times, especially during 'Finnkampen'...smiley - smiley

Salt works alone

Post 7

hagbard

My other half is Dutch. I moved to Finland several years ago, and like it here (though I'm not all that fond of November/December in Helsinki).

I can imagine that being (somewhat) Finnish in Sweden is weird. The rivalry between both countries is not always all that friendly (since moving here, my vocabulary has been enriched with special designations for Swedes smiley - winkeye).

How is your Finnish? I can speak it quite well, but learning the grammar is pretty horrible when your native language is germanic.

Salt works alone

Post 8

Titania (gone for lunch)

Kettu, try writing a Journal at your page, and we could continue this very interesting discussion there...smiley - smiley

Salt works alone

Post 9

hagbard

OK, done. I'm off to sleep, a tough w*rkweek awaits smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more