A Conversation for The Tweenies

Flea Market: A417980 - The Tweenies

Post 1

Smeg

Hi, I would like my article on the BBC Childrens TV show to be put into the guide please as a proper article. There are no other articles writen about The Tweenies and my article contains a large amount of info on the Tweenies including characters. creators and the philosophy behind the show!

Please look at my article

See ya

PS. I prefer the old 'Submit' system to this

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 2

JHP

Well I liked it. It is certainly informative. You sound as if you know about the teaching philosophy. Couple of (minor) spelling mistakes. "Skined" instead of "skinned". The rest are all probably mis-keys "Milo.....does not ike bath time".

I know more about Tweenies than five minutes ago. Thanks.

Oh, and it helps other users if you include a link like this

http://www.h2g2.com/A417980

...just type it in including the http bit, and it turns itself into a link.

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 3

Smeg

Thanks, so will put become a approved guide entry? If so when?

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 4

JHP

See what a few of the others think, and then it's up to one of the sites Scouts to follow it up. I think. I'm new to this myself. Good luck.

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 5

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

It's a jaunty article which retains the flavour of the t.v. series.

There are one or two things you will need to do if you want it to be picked up by a scout and waved around in the Towers. Remove the picture (that's easy, sad I know, but rules is rules). And remove or change the bits with the personal pronoun in them.

Read http://www.h2g2.com/writing-guidelines if you haven't done so already.

There is some inconsistent formatting. Perhaps the characters' names would be better as sub-headings.

smiley - bigeyes

Amy the (Scout) Ant

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 6

Smeg

What do you mean by the personal pronoun bits? Do you mean the bit where i say Doodles is my personally favourite character?

Thanks

-Smeg

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 7

Yes, those bits. Anything with the word I in it should be reworded.

smiley - bigeyes

Amy

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 8

Smeg

Done! Can you give it the final check over and then it goes in the guide?

Oh yeah, you said to get rid of the picture, i have seen other approved articles with pictures, is it because it is an image off the BBC web site?

See ya

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 9

The "entry of the day" gets a specially drawn little graphic. This is unlikely to happen to yours since the characters are subject to a BBC copyright. For the Guide to work reliably it cannot rely on external links for graphics. Uploading pictures to the h2g2 server would take up too much space and it would be difficult to check that the author really did own the copyright to the image. Also, The Powers That Be have to think about the WAP phone version.

Phew! I'll look at your rewrite now.

smiley - bigeyes

Amy the (Scout) Ant

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 10

Still some work to do on this, I'm afraid. smiley - sadface

The paragraph about Milo needs to be rewritten because it doesn't make sense in a couple of places.

The large quote from BBC online is too large a portion of the total article. Perhaps you could extend this section by taking small sections of the quotation and expanding on the ideas contained within it in your own words.

There are some inconsistencies in the spelling, grammar and formatting. Such things will be put right by the Sub-Editors but it will make a better impression at The Towers if you check it over and try to correct as much as you can before it is passed up to them. Perhaps you should print it out and show it to someone else for a second opinion.

smiley - bigeyes

Amy the (Scout) Ant

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 11

HappyDude

I like it - although the quote is a little on the large side.

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 12

Smeg hasn't posted since 20 August 2000 and the article remains unaltered. There is an email address on his page if you want to encourage him to return.

Amy

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 13

HappyDude

I was hoping a new post would be encouragment enough

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 14

How? If he never logs in...

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 15

HappyDude

If he don't reply I'll try the email. (you don't have to log in to look - just to post)

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 16

Smeg

Hi Guys, i'm back! Sorry about that, been away, very busy, exams other sites and such.

I really am not in the mood to change the article, never mind

See ya

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 17

Welcome back. I hope the exams went well.

smiley - smiley

Amy

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 18

HappyDude

well we got an answer

The Tweenies - A417980

Post 19

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

If the author isn't planning on revising this any further, and no one else wants to step forward, should we consider moving this thread out of Peer Review?

smiley - smiley
Mikey

Conversation Moved

Post 20

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the new 'Flea Market' Forum.

This is where we move any Peer Review, Writing Workshop or Alternative Writing Workshop Conversations where the original author has *not* posted to h2g2 for three months. This prevents the active Review Forums from clogging up with dormant entries, but in the Flea Market they can be picked up by others and polished off.

Key: Complain about this post