This is the Message Centre for augeye

Hello and Welcome augeye...

Post 1

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Hi augeye, Welcome to h2g2 smiley - smiley

I'm Emmily one of the many <./>ACEs</.> (Assistant Community Editors) We're a bunch of volunteers who enjoy h2g2 enough to want to help new Researchers find their way around what is a large web site, by offering a warm welcome, links and advice. smiley - magic

Have a smiley - tea or smiley - coffee & smiley - cake or smiley - ale & smiley - crisps put you feet up, relax and let your fingers do the walking smiley - footprints

If you'd like to know what h2g2 is you can read ~ 'All about h2g2' A308170

You may also like to read 'A Welcome and Thank-You Message From Douglas Adams' A157349 the creator and founder of h2g2. smiley - towel

h2g2 in a nutshell - A8468742 has some useful information as does Hints and Links for New Researchers - A719840

There are various activities on h2g2, however, the Edited Guide is at the heart of what we do here. I have journeyed through PeerReview and got my fact based Entries into the Edited Guide If I can, you can too. Though you'll need to read Writing-Guidelines first. smiley - bluelight

For an easy was to get involved in the Edited Guide, join in the research and watch the process in action, take a look at 'Chocoholic's Delight Club' – U4288864smiley - spacesmiley - choc

You may like to read a <./>RandomEditedEntry</.> Some of the older Edited Entries are not good examples of the type of Entries that are accepted for the Edited Guide nowadays. You can read the most recent ones which are on the <./>FrontPage</.> every weekday. smiley - star

You can read about what happened and when on the The h2g2 Calendar - A3332233smiley - lurk

Although, if you're interested in fiction, poetry or you have a personal experience to share, you may like to visit the <./>UnderGuide</.> where you can find out about submitting entries to Writing-Alternative smiley - spacesmiley - biro

We also have our own bi-weekly newspaper <./>ThePost</.> something else to read smiley - thepost

If you want to find out about GuideML and how customise your Space, using coloured text, pictures etc. Spicing Up Your User Page A690518 or Buffy's Guide ML Help Page A2669051 have some good advice. smiley - artist

Although h2g2 is a conversation forum, not a chat room there are a few easy to get involved in conversation pages you may like to visit. smiley - strawberries

<./>Askh2g2</.> ~ the place to ask questions, voice opinions and request help with research.

<./>HowDoI?</.> ~ find a different kind of answer with 'How Do I?'

<./>MiscChat</.> ~ the place for random chatting.

<./>GamesRoom</.> ~ set word games, set teasers or discuss the wider issues of gaming.

Don't be concerned if you see your Researcher/username on other people's Personal Spaces, or entries; that’s just the tag, only you can see your name. smiley - ok

I'm a real person not an automated computer programme, to find out about me click on my name above this conversation post you can do that on anyone’s name in any conversation thread. smiley - surfer

Oh and, if you’re having some technical problems with the site; ie error pages showing, you can find the culprit here A710092smiley - whistle

Hope you find these helpful & you enjoy yourself here smiley - biggrin to reply to this post If you have any questions or if you just want to say 'hi' click 'Reply' below.

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for augeye

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more